2.46 Yun Ying's Legacy

Cao Lu had also been dispatched by Sage Hu Lan to Wu Shan sect to assist in the ensuing battle. There, Ao Xiang and Zuo BingTan from Hui lin sect were already fighting against Zuo JinLong.

The Emperor, for some reason, did not seem a tiny bit worn out. However, the same could not be said about the woman who was standing behind her. Despite still exuding a beautiful appearance, Qing Lian looked a bit worse for wear, her countenance was pale. And from the pair, the only one engaged in fights was Zuo JinLong.

Upon noticing the arrival of Zuo ZhouLei, Shen Wei, and the others, Qing Lian's expression turned ugly,

"Finally. The one I have been waiting for. JinLong, you should kill him."

How could Qing Lian not hate Zuo ZhouLei? Despite having tried to latch onto him during her younger days, to no avail; despite having been blessed by an unimaginable power, she was still bested by this younger man. She was not as dumb to not understand that it was because of his strange power that day, that her Daemons were exterminated all at once. She had even felt the blessing inside of her leaving her body as the white light of the giant Fire Phoenix engulfed the Imperial Palace and the Imperial City. If not for Zuo JinLong, who had swiftly taken her away from the Imperial Palace, she would have returned to her old self.

Weak, alone, and cold. Her immense pride could not withstand such humiliation.

Zuo JinLong need no further request, as he darted forward with his sword outstretched in his left hand.

Cao Lu blinked,

"How could Father use a sword? Wasn't he... , isn't he supposed to be infected by malice? Daemons should not be able to use Qi-imbued weapon."

Qing Lian laughed inwardly. She herself did not understand, but although Zuo JinLong had also lost his blessing during that time of purification, he still retained his cultivation from when he was still being inflicted. That made him not only as strong as he was, he was also now capable to wield his old sword.

Qing Lian sighed contentedly, "Truly, a blessed Dragon's son."

"Zuo JinLong! You are truly mad!" Sage Shen Zheng could only watch from the side, as the three Wu Shan disciples – Shen Wei, Zuo ZhouLei, and Zuo JinHai - exchanged a few moves with Zuo JinLong. Shen Zheng knew he would only be a hindrance if he were to intervene. Nevertheless, he did not stay idle. Along with other disciples and other cultivators that also included Cao Lu and Ao Xiang, he battled a few Daemons whom Qing Lian had somehow managed to sneak into the sect.

They were all clearly Daemons that were not in the vicinity of Imperial Palace when the purification occurred.

Shen Wei glanced at the Zuo ZhouLei, whose moves seemed to gradually become slower. With a few higher levelled Daemons now assisting Zuo JinLong, and others keeping Ao Xiang and Lu Bing busy, none of them had the time to summon a Fire Phoenix, let alone let Zuo ZhouLei use his Qi to amplify the beast's power.

But Shen Wei trusted that without further Daemon-carriers, as long as they persisted and managed to dispose of these existing Daemons and Zuo Jinlong, they could naturally finish Qing Lian as well. By this time, everyone was clear that she was the driving force behind Zuo JinLong's actions, malice or no malice.

"Father, you have completely gone mad. Lei is your son from the late Lady Shuan Bing!" Zuo BingTan threw a punch towards Zuo Jinlong, which was easily deflected with a swing of the latter's right leg. The force of his leg actually struck Zuo BingTan's right ribs, sending him flying crashing into a tall tree.

Zuo BingTan was already a Sage. One could only imagine Zuo JinLong's strength, to be able to hold his ground and exert pressure on the Sage levelled fighters.