2.21 Zuo ZhouLei - Fifteen

Sage Shen Zheng really regretted sending Zuo ZhouLei to fetch the red lotus four years ago.

The red lotus was a rare flower, blooming once every decade. However, despite the rarity, it was normally only coveted by wealthy merchants or nobles just for the sake of obtaining an aesthetically  beauty. It was larger than a normal lotus and bloomed so vividly red that it was unusual indeed.

Of course, in the past, numerous herbalists and alchemists in the past had tried to incorporate such a rare item into something beneficial. There were various ancient records in every sect that mention about the lotus and the ancestors' efforts to refine it into pills or medicine. All the conclusions ended up to be the same:

['The red lotus is only beautiful to look at, but utterly useless.']

Thus, Sage Shen Zheng did have some doubts when he was visited by a pair of ethereal looking people - in his dream, no less.

At first his dream was dark and he thought he was still deep in meditation. Then as if fragments of the darkness slowly broke, pieces of light slowly formed slowly into a bright white moon that gave light to his surrounding.

Only then, he noticed the pair. He thought then, if deities existed, surely those two people in his dream were worthy to be called as such. The male possessed a gentle bearing, tall and elegant. His eyes were the lightest of blue, his face was almost as pale as moonlight, but it did not cause him to look weak. 

The fragments of the moonlight seemed to come from his palm, giving an illusion that he was the one blessing Shen Zheng's dream with the moon's brightness.

(Yue)

As for the other deity-like person, the old Sage was awestruck.

Sage Shen Zheng had never cared for women, but even he must admit that he had never seen a female as enticing and perfect as the one in his dream. Even the many beautiful Sages and disciples of Ping sect pale in comparison to this fairy-like woman. Her facial features was as enticing as her azure eyes. Despite the softness of her outer appearance, her elegance commanded respect and awe, adding to her allure. Despite being in a dream, Sage Shen Zheng could even remember what she wore -- a purple loose robe that could not hide her beautiful curves.

 Despite being in a dream, Sage Shen Zheng could even remember what she wore -- a purple loose robe that could not hide her beautiful curves