2.47 Dreams of The Pasts (1)

The sensation was almost like watching snippets of different movies, which she felt strongly congenial to them. More than that even; it was as if there was a character in those movies, that she could relate to the point that she felt that she was that character. She could feel what that particular one's feel, think what that one's think, know what that one's intended course of actions.

She lived in those dream-like movies.

------------------

------------------

The little fawn was ousted from her pack due to the raging war nearby

The little fawn was ousted from her pack due to the raging war nearby. The fire and carnage had consumed the forest, her birthplace. In the midst of chaos, she was separated from her family.

For her, there was little emotion she could feel. However at the moment, only fear and sadness consumed her entire being. Since birth, she had not been exposed to the cruelty of humans. Heaven knew how long she had been alone, wandering through the charred tree stumps. Every once in a while, she came across burnt bodies emitting a foul smell. Some of them looked vaguely familiar, perhaps her family or friends she used to play with. Her limited comprehension only spurred her instinct that she had to run away from that place, else she would end up in the same state as those charred remains.

She ran as far as her little legs enabled her to. However, soon thirst and fatigue took over and she could only lay down her body to rest, licking her soft brown fur to give herself a bit of comfort. Her ears suddenly perked up, feeling a sudden dread of a certain impending death.

An arrow shot through from the darkness of the forest, steadfastly aimed towards her head. Exhausted and scared, she could not even move her body.

Another arrow shot through, faster than the first one and actually hit the former, sending both of them falling just by her trembling feet. She closed her eyes, resigned to her fate. Perhaps tonight, she would end up as someone's dinner, but she really did not have the strength to run anymore.

A few clanking of metal and grunting noises, then silence befell her. Her eyelashes trembled as she finally willed herself to open her eyes. Her breath hitched. In front of her, was a human. Not far behind that human, another human laid on the ground, unmoving.

The human in front of her looked at her with a gentleness that she would have never imagined a human could bestow.

"Little one. If you don't want to be stew, you should run away." He chuckled at her stiffness and proceeded to caress her cheeks. She did not hate or fear his touch.

He also gave her some water, that returned her strength for a little bit. The young man let her lay her head on his lap, merely stroking her soft fur in comfort.

She thought, to be by this human's side, was as good as home.

"I have to return to my squad. You should run along now." The human stood, intending to leave.