2.26 Foreboding

Autumn Hill was a tiny hill located behind a lush pine bamboo forest where the Spirit Forest Peak was located. It did not any flat clearing as spacious, not has it been maintained to be grand as the other main peaks. It also was not as tall as the other mountains and hills. However, the hill was a special existence to the Hui Lin sect. It was normally an inaccessible ground for the normal disciples.

If Chun Ping Gu sect had the Yin lake, and Wu Shan sect had the Bu Gui cave, Hui Lin had the Autumn Hill. Similarly, it was the sole place in Hui Lin sect where the congregation of pure qi was the most condensed. 

The pine bamboo forest itself circled the Spirit Forest Peak, one of the peaks used to conduct the competitions

The pine bamboo forest itself circled the Spirit Forest Peak, one of the peaks used to conduct the competitions. The Spirit Forest Peak was accessible usually by flight, none of the Hui Lin lower ranked disciples would be crazy enough to pass the forest underneath, let alone going through it to reach the Autumn Hill behind. For Martial-Artists, the pure qi would cause pain in their still-impure constitutions. However, It would still be somewhat manageable for the higher-ranked Enlighteneds. In fact, meditating at Autumn Hill was necessary if these Hui Lin's Enlighteneds wanted to break-through to Sage-ism.

Needless to say, most of the time, only the Sages of Hui Lin sect had the luxury of being able to meditate there. Though lately, apart from them, Ao Xiang and Zuo BingTan were also given periodical access, as their cultivation were getting close to reaching bottleneck between the Enlightened and Sage.

Despite the seemingly unfavorable natural characteristic of this hill, Sage Guang Qu still wanted to conduct the banquet for the Emperor there. In fact, he precisely opted for it due to the seclusion and security of the place. Although small, it was also enough to host the Emperor and his small number of retinues. The Emperor was a high-tiered Enlightened, it was not a difficult matter for him to go through the dense qi-infused bamboo forest.

However, Lady Mei Gui, the only concubine of his harem that was brought along, was nowhere as capable. Despite being a decent high-tiered Martial Artist, it would still cause her some discomfort if she were to inhale the purest of qi, fortunately Hui Lin sect was not ruthless enough to make her go through the pain, or impolite to let her be left behind in her courtyard. Not to mention, Princess Zuo Shan'er was one without any cultivation at all. If she were to set one foot in the forest without any protection, the pure qi would attack her body in an attempt to 'cleanse' her impure constitution. Ultimately, as she did not have any means to protect herself or regulate the sudden influx of qi, she would die with blood oozing out of her every orifice and pore.

Hence, despite the gruesome possibility of causing mortal danger to non-cultivators and lower-ranked cultivators in the Emperor group, the Sages of Hui Lin sect still decided to hold the banquet at Autumn Hill. For them, there was no other perfect location as the pure qi would serve as a natural barrier against trespassers.