2.28 Royalties' Feud

The after-effect of the poison finally vanished completely, resulting in Xiao Zi and YuLan regaining their flawless non-lumpy appearance. Only then, were they finally allowed by CaoLu to walk around and be seen by other people.

Previously, the ever strict DaShijie forbade them to walk around when Xiao Zi's neck and YuLan's thigh was still bloated due to the after-effect of the poison.

"To be seen looking like that," CaoLu had frowned heavily when she saw the bloated lumps on her shimeis, "does not reflect our prestigious Ping sect well."

Then she grumbled and cursed Long TianShan because of his cruel act to womenkind.

Only then YuLan realized that this seemingly almighty and strict DaShijie of hers actually cared very much about outer appearance.

Both she and Xiao Zi did not have any objection though. YuLan was perfectly content waiting inside her appointed room, especially with Zuo ZhouLei visiting her everyday. Whereas, Xiao Zi agreed with CaoLu's sentiment; she certainly did not want to be seen with her neck bloated like a puffed-up frog.

However, physical appearance aside, although the lumps were now gone, they faced more serious matter.

-----------

They were at Autumn Hill, having been summoned by the Hui Lin sect's Sages and Emperor Zuo JinLong as soon as YuLan had recovered.

CaoLu, Xiao Zi, Zhen Zhu, and Lu Bing were there as well. CaoLu was there as she was the most senior disciple of Ping sect to be present; Xiao Zi and the rest were there because they were also involved in the incident with Long TianShan.

"Long TianShan has been safely delivered back to his sect," Ao Xiang bowed towards his elders, "However, his parents are not fully convinced of the fact that their son had turned into a Daemon. But seeing how he has become, we could not derive any more information out of him."

"It is truly the best we could do, despite what he has done." Sage Guang Qu sighed, "The young man is the only son of that sect. Now that he lost his cultivation, it is only a matter of time before the sect disappears. Unless they can find a suitable successor from outside the sect soon. The strange thing is, he does not remember of the time he was being possessed."

Ao Xiang nodded in agreement, "Yes. At times, his state of mind seems to regress to that of a toddler."

"But Long TianShan is still alive," Sage Guang Wu added, "Even though he has been dispelled of the malice, he merely lost his cultivation... . And perhaps, he will regain his sanity at some point in the future. To live is to still have chances, after all."

"For a cultivator, losing one's cultivation base is akin to losing one's life," Another Sage quipped in, a man not looking any older than Sage Guang Qu and Guang Wu. However being one of the elders, no one would be able to accurately guess his age.

"Tan-shiong is right" Sage Guang Qu intercepted as he noticed his brother – Guang Wu's – complexion turn a shade darker with displeasure, "However Wu-shidi was just lamenting the fact that his previous succeeding disciple had perished in the Land of Yanshi. Liu Yan was almost akin to his own son. How could a father's heart not be aggrieved? For a father, a son is a son, with or without cultivation. Sane or not."

Sage Zhong Tan pursed his lips and said nothing more as he also felt that he had said an unnecessary matter.

Emperor Zuo JinLong swept his gaze across the Hui Lin elders with an indifferent expression before looking at the slightly bowing Ping sect's pure yin maiden,