Chapter 4

The moment has arrived. Aurora has finally landed in America. To the World, Aurora reaches King City a fortnight late. So I guess it could be termed as a secret getaway. A holiday.
Her crew is not with her. They would reach just 4 days before the show. Only a few like Nick and Dimitri are accompanying her. Nick is her bodyguard. A strong werewolf who has been in this business for about two years now. Dimitri on the other hand is Aurora's stylist but most of all he is one of her best friends. They have been friends for a Long time.Long before Casper reached her stardom. He is also close to her family. Thereby making his presence a comfort not only for Aurora but for her family as well.
She didn't have to look around much as Lucas was already there waiting for her. He  didn't look much different than he did the last time they met. Even though it was 6 years ago. Thank God for technology or Aurora won't be able to recognise him at all. With his light brown hair, brown black eyes and a lean body, he sure was a sight for the eyes.
'Aurora' Lucas said in a delighted voice with a genuine smile.
'Uncle Luke' Aurora greeted back with an equally bright smile. It is hard not to smile back at someone. But then she remembered..
'I.. can call you that .. right ?"
"Of course, sweetie." He opened his arms and they shared an awkward hug. Thats what Aurora felt. She then saw Lucas staring at Nick and then Dimitri.
"Oh! How rude of me. Um. Uh , uncle this is Nick , my bodyguard" she said while smiling at Nick , who remained stoic. You could feel the tension in the air. Both men were weary of the others presence. Nick more obviously than Lucas.
"And uh this is Dimitri"
" Great to meet you 'm lord" he greeted with a small bow.
Aurora had to bite her lip to stop her from laughing. 'The 'm lord thing was more mocking than genuine. It was their little private joke.Thank God!nobody else figured that out.
"Let's proceed shall we." Came in Lucas' voice and all complied. Nick a bit more cautiously. You could tell he didn't like being ordered by that particular vampire.
Their luggage was taken care of and they all sat in a stunning limousine.
Any other human might be awestruck at the lavishness of the airport, the car, the whole celebrity treatment. But I guess Aurora wasn't normal in that case. All this stuff was too common for her. What did catch her interest was the beauty of the city.
It was her first time in America. And so far she wasn't disappointed. Maybe it was because it was the King's city , but the whole area screamed posh. There was greenery all around her.Not in a way of the forests, duh, but in well maintained fashion.
It wasn't much time before they reached the palace.
The palace. The beautiful palace.