Chapter 19

First things first. I'm extremely sorry for not updating.
No, I didn't abandon this story. Its just that I was graced with the unfortunate presence of my exams.
*cringes*
So yeah, I mean ugh
I hate exams
Like why do you wanna judge me on how much I study.
This against freedom of choice.
And now I'm just going to shut up and start with the story.
Sorry for typos
*
*
*
Her breath hitched. Cyrus was literally in her face. Looking at her like she was food.
Which she was, him being a vampire and all.
You see thats the thing, with vampires, you never know. You could be food or food *winks*
His eyes were fixed on her lips. Perfectly plum and pink.
There was like a haze of desire surrounding them.

Cyrus couldn't help himself. He stopped acting on plain instinct a long time ago. But something about the woman in front of him brought his primal side out.
His little seductress
She didn't even know what her antics did to him.
Her smell, so tempting.
It was a chore to keep his eyes their normal shade and fangs tucked in.
A lock of her hair fell in front of her face, hiding that beautiful view.
He raised his hand and tucked it behind her ear. It pleased him to know that she didn't flinch away like most do.
She must realise that he meant her no harm.
Instead of dropping his hand he cupped her cheek and caressed it with his thumb.
A simple touch that made her shiver.
That seemed to break the daze she was in. She blinked. And those eyes that were locked with his twisting the nonexistent chords in his heart filled with the tiniest bit of panic.
"Wh-what are you doing?"
She said in a breathless voice.
That tempted him to go even closer.
His arm curled around her waist as hid hand rested on her bare back.

She sucked in a breath at the intimate contact.

"What does it look like?" Even his voice was an octave lower.

He wanted to kiss her so bad. Those lips were begging to be touched.
She looked so pure in that moment the animal in him wanted to taint her.
Her cheeks were flushed. Her lips parted as she looked at him burning him wherever they traveled.
He didn't even realise he had moved closer.

Until her hand touched his chest.

Was it to push him away?

or pull him closer.....

He never got to find out.
"Uhm, I hope we're not interrupting something"
Dimitri interrupted the scandalous sight in front of him.
He knew there was something going on but that, well that was just- wow.
10 minutes, 10 minutes of alone time was all it took.
The sexual tension could be cut with a knife.
Oof
Oh wait
"You are so buying that" He pointed up and down that golden piece of art Aurora seemed to wear.

"Yeah, I suppose" Aurora said while taking a step backwards from Cyrus, realising her breath would span his face if she didn't.
"Great, I already know the style of your Hair" Dimitri grinned at Aurora and returned it the best she could. She just couldn't shake of the thought that Cyrus would have KISSED her if they hadn't been interrupted. Worse, she would have kissed him back.

This was escalating way too fast. Aurora knew if she didn't get out of here fast she's going to be in a big trouble. Her and Cyrus can't be anything.
It was in her best interest.
God knows her family would disown her if they realised she was whoring herself to the king.

Okay, maybe not disown, but they'ed be very disappointed and they'll make sure that she knew.
Isn't that worse?

After that Aurora asked Dimitri and uncle Luke what they got, uncle Luke plainly out of politeness. With his jaw clenched her inner goddess warned her to stay away from Lucas for a bit.
Meanwhile cleverly being at Dimitri's side. Making sure to keep a good gap between her and Cyrus.
Cyrus
Oh God, no matter how much she told her brain to keep its shit together to not think about-
Ugh she was doing it again.
Thinking about what she's not supposed to think about.
Surprisingly though Cyrus didn't bother her after that. He seemed to have sensed her avoiding him. As much as you could avoid a person standing two people away from you.
Not to mention constantly in her mind.
Ugh, she did it again.
Like why does her mind not listen yo her.
Like why? You're supposed to control your mind not the other way round. At least thats what all those self help books say. They do realise its easier said than done right?
Anyways, well they did some other stuff. Stuff like going to other shops.
Stuff like buying stuff. Stuff like avoiding someone.
Though it wasn't that hard. Cyrus was busy on his phone all the way.
What is it that kings do?
Aurora always wondered that.
All throughout their way to the food court. Yes, food court. Because shopping is tiring and food is a must. Dimitri was the only one helping with the silence. The awkwardness. The weird ick in the air.
Or maybe it was just her.
But really, times like these she was very grateful for her best friend.
When she could simply hold his hand and derive comfort.
He also seemed to have established a good rapport with Lucas.
Not a surprise there. Her bestie was a charmer.

"I'll have to take leave now" Cyrus' gruff voice interrupted the silence as the were about to order.
"There's some work in the palace."
"You want me to accompany to you my king?" Lucas asked, with utmost sincerity. He took his job seriously.
"No, you spend time with your niece. I'll take care of this" he looked at Dimitri who gave a nod.
Was that a guy goodbye?
Then his eyes turned to Aurora.
"I'll be seeing you."
When?
That was a promise. You could easily tell.
Aurora, seemed to have lost her voice. So she simply nodded. Her throat was dry.
After eyeing down her face as if memorising her. Cyrus went away.

As she stared at his ass.

No she didn't.

Yes she did.