Chapter 6

Aurora turned as a reflex with a book in one hand and the other on her chest

"Oh! Um" she tried to speak. The man in front of her was beautiful. In a very very manly way. The kind of manly that makes you want to jump his bones. "Hi" she finally breathed.

Cyrus looked at her with a kind of bewilderment.
(Yes, it is Cyrus) Partly because he didn't expect to see someone, particularly,someone as pretty as her, or as fragrant as her. Not in his library. His hideout. And definitely did not expect her to say 'Hi'
"Hello" it was supposed to come out in an I-can't-believe-I'm-saying-this tone. But it didn't. His voice never betrayed him.

"Who are you ?" Asked Cyrus in an authoritative tone.
Aurora had a hard time believing her ears, who was she?? Seriously, royalty or not one thing was clear. This guy was a caveman. Aurora couldn't remember a single guy who asked her her identity!

But this guy," Aurora" she said hesitantly. "Aurora Casper. I'm a guest. I was just looking around."

'Huh, Luke's niece.' Cyrus thought to himself. He was as having a hard time getting over this particular human's beauty . And now her voice. 'Lucas' request made a lot more sense now.
'That's alright' he looked down at the Paulo Coelho she was holding.
"Ah, a philosophical girl"

She looked down at her hands and smiled at his implication.
"Yeah, he's one of my favourite authors."
" I'm having a hard time believing this. Pretty girls like you , usually go with romances."

Definitely a vampire. Thought Aurora.
"Now,that seems a bit prejudiced. You're not supposed to judge a book by it cover."
She quickly added, "And by that I mean me" pointing towards herself "not the book. Totally devoid of romance."
Cyrus chuckled.
Did he just chuckle due to an insignificant human?

He had a beautiful laugh, thought Aurora. But that was not the only thing. The man in front of her was not just handsome. He screamed power. The kind of power you stay away from. His words might seem normal but the tone and stride told a different story. It was hard to admit, but this vampire intimidated her. They were alone in the giant library. She regretted not taking someone along with her.
"Don't mind me. You can look for your book I was just leaving."
"No" said Cyrus, he didn't want her to go. And that meant , she stayed as long as he wanted.

The audacity of this man! He sure screamed danger, but who the hell did he think he was. Ordering her like that?
"Excuse me ?!"
And before Cyrus had a chance of giving a reply, one of the officials walked in. He charged towards them and bowed to Cyrus.
"Your highness"
He then turned towards Aurora.His face changed from shock to surprise and finally to recognition.
" Aurora Casper !"

Aurora raised her hand in the form of a hi .She was still processing the 'Your highness' thing.

"You two know each other?" Cyrus asked with a frown.He didn't like that thought.
" Oh, she doesn't know me ! But I most definitely know her. It's Aurora Casper."

He made her name sound like a brand.
Cyrus quizzed a brow towards Aurora.

Instead of explaining,"You are .. th..the King?" She questioned slowly with her eyes wide , full of shock , locked with his.