Chapter 16

"I should go"
Aurora wanted to turn around and leave.
She wanted to leave just on the accord of the words that left her mouth.

She knew thats not what she really wanted but needed.

Alas, its not a free land. She was in the presence of his highness and he held her captive with his eyes.

It was her sheer will that made her turn her face from Cyrus' unreadable one and take a step to leave.

"I don't remember telling you to leave."

Aurora flinched. His words held so much power.

She turned to look at his eyes and gulped.

"Uh- yeah-uh" She stuttered, shuffling from one foot to another.

Aurora had stepped away from him. She just, stepped away. Why would she do that? No sane woman would do that!

His eyes were still locked with hers.

"Is that brunette guy you boyfriend."
There, the question that was eating at his heart, out in the open.

Aurora was looking at him with her eyes a bit wide. Surprise clear on her face at the bluntness of his question.

"Dimitri?"

Cyrus kept his face unmoving. He didn't care what his name was.

Aurora gave a slight laugh.

"Oh, believe me my king, the only person he'd be interested between you and me, is you."

Cyrus still stared at her.

"He's gay." She said as if to clarify further
"Sooo gay"

Cyrus felt a bit relieved just at the sound of that sentence. Even though it was absolutely bonkers to be affected so much.

Aurora smile at him that looked a bit...mischievous

"I could set you up if you want." She shrugged her shoulders like this was so normal. No biggy.

Did she think that he was-

"I'm not into men."

"Really? Not even a little bit?" She asked innocently like it was only obvious.

Cyrus stared at her like she had grown two heads.
He knew she was messing with him. Hopefully. Surely.

"I.like.women."

Aurora nodded her head and looked at him just a second before looking back at her feet.
She could feel heat rising to her face.

Cyrus knew his presence had an effect on her. But that fact that she would try and and resist his charm made him wonder....and annoyed.

The air was thick not with sexual tension oh nooo but with awkwardness.
Aurora rubbed her neck with her hand. Typical body language for nervousness.

"So" they both started at the same time.
Aurora chuckled a bit.

"You go first" Cyrus said

"Oh no, I just wanted to say 'so'"
True fact.
Cyrus looked at her with amusement dancing in his eyes and a smile threatening to break on stoic face.

She truly is something, isn't she?

Cyrus didn't know how to put it. He just wanted to spend more time with her.

"We're going sightseeing tomorrow."

I'm sorry, did my ears betray me? Did Cyrus just ask me out or like, order me.

Aurora wanted to ask if he was even free. Or where this was coming from. Was he trying to get into her pants- she couldn't let that happen. Oh no, scandals are a big no no.

Of course she didn't voice any of her thoughts.
The way Cyrus put it, there was no choice really.

"Can Dimitri tag along?"

Cyrus just nodded his head. Even though he'd rather have her alone. It was hard saying anything but a yes to her when she asked something so casually. So randomly. So innocently. Like he didn't intimidate her.

It fell silent again. Even with all the questions running through her head, objections to be precise she didn't voice them.
His highness was clearly not ideal for arguing and questioning.
Requesting? Sure.

Aurora was looking at him, swaying a little on her feet.
A small smile playing on her face.
That always seemed to be there.

"What?"

Like a lost puppy or a kitty?

"I'm sleepy"
Cyrus narrowed his eyes at her.
She wanted to go.

She indirectly asked him in such a way that they both knew had only one answer if their conversation was to remain civil.

"Go"
She didn't need to ask twice.
This night was already too weird for her.

"Good night, my king" she said with a bright smile before turning away.

Good night indeed. Cyrus seemed to whisper to himself.