37.| Doubts And Accusations

Alex's eyelids flutter open, the moment she heard the door to the room she was in fling open. Her head felt as heavy as a rock and pounded as hard as her heartbeat at this point in time. Although Alex hadn't seen herself in the mirror she had a pretty clear image of how damaged her face and body was as she once again came face to face with DeVito just after the doctors evacuated the room.

"You'll be ready to fight again in a few minutes...Miss Miller sure had a good ti-", DeVito began ranting with the same victorious tone to his words after he had approached her chair, hands in pocket.

"Get the damn hell out of here.", Alex says between her gritted teeth as she glared at the pale stone wall, merely a couple of feet away from the same dental chair she was once again placed in.

DeVito pauses for a couple seconds unsure of how to respond to such attitude.

"What do you want from me?", Alex asks as she slowly turns her head so that her darkening blue eyes remained peeled on DeVito's dark figure.

Although she was tempted to ask what was to come of Keith she bit her tongue as she waited for his response.

"Rest up...", DeVito begins; dodging the question, "All answers will come within time."

With that said he quickly speeds out of the room with Alex yelling after him; declaring for an answer.

"Where's my knight in simple clothes when you need him?", Alex whispers to herself.

The new liquid coursing through Alex's veins gave her strength beyond belief, but the side effects include dizziness and really horrifying headaches; which didn't help the situation since Alex was swaying in every direction missing Bailey's face at every turn while at the same time dodging every punch.

After they had gone at it for almost an hour DeVito became annoyed of the outcome and canceled the whole fight. There were only minor bruises both Alex and Bailey received; most were all derived by accident, but they were healable, as long as they got about a two-day rest.

"Take her back to her room.", DeVito orders the Nightcrawlers who had Alex pinned to the ground and were frantically struggling to put handcuffs on the squirming Alex under their grip, "Afterwards check up on that boy...Kevin, or whatever his name is."

Alex suddenly paused all of her squirmings as a spark of happiness and hope of escaping welcomed itself into her heart. Although she didn't know what state of health he was in, she was glad to hear that he was stilling living and breathing.

It had already been five days since Alex, Keith and Bailey went off the grid. Arthur was busily working with Jennifer as they persisted in the matter of finding them with absolutely no success.

And...

Doubts and accusations weren't helping either.

Arthur exits the room just after his phone buzzed to life, alerting him of a call from about the last person he had in plan to talk to.

Thea.

He quickly answers the call as he enters his office and slams his door shut.

"Arthur, I need an explanation about why the kids aren't home right now. School finished almost an hour ago-", Thea began ranting on as Arthur instantly began putting his coat on.

"Thea, don't test my patience right now...you should've gone and picked them up since you kne-", Arthur argues back as he picks up the car keys and heads out of his office.

"I'm in a meeting right now Arthur. You clearly know that situations such as these are-"

"Yes, I understand...I'm on my way to pick up the kids. I'll bring them over to the Agency, Payton can pick them up when she gets her job done tonight.", Arthur says as he exits Titanium Agency and encounters the busy streets of downtown LA.