38.| Another Traitor

The fist Alex had just swung didn't need any calculations or power, the new liquid Alex was given had given her power and speed beyond belief. No one dared to stop her after she had knocked Bailey unconsciousness until DeVito ordered the Nightcrawlers to do so.

Eventually, they had to tase her in order to be able to take her back to the laboratory without getting beaten to death. This oddly satisfied DeVito as he began to realize he was breaking Alex; she was getting the taste of revenge and was obviously beginning to like it.

Just two more weeks and he was sure she would forget everything that happened six days ago. That was, of course, if his minions hadn't rediscovered the formula for the brainwashing antidote yet.

Alex had taken a five-hour nap after the fight she had left unbruised but woke up to the sound of the door belonging to her room opening. Yet, this time to her surprise it was only DeVito.

"You do you want now?", Alex asks, annoyed about seeing him again.

"How was the figh-"

"Did she die?", Alex askes, happily cutting DeVito off.

"...No.", DeVito answers confused.

"Why'd you stop me if you wanted her dead?"

"If she dies, you won't have anyone else to fight against Miss Petrova."

"Sure I will...", Alex says with a dark smirk whipped across her face as she once again glares at the stone wall in front of her chair.

"Who-", DeVito began before Alex turned her head towards him dumbly, answering his own question with his own realization, "Well, we can make arrangements..."

Alex slowly turns her head back to its natural position before going back to glaring at the wall; giving DeVito the chance to victoriously grin to himself as he pushes himself off the wall and begins walking out the door.

"I'll join you on one condition...", Alex calls to DeVito, stopping him in his tracks, "No more testings done on me."

DeVito spins on his heels as he softly closes the door again.

"I'm not easily fooled Natali-"

"It's Alex."

"Like I was saying...I'm not easily fooled, I know you enough to know that you'd jump at any chance to get out of someone's control."

"People change DeVito. I thought you out of all people would know that."

DeVito walks up to the silver dental chair Alex was in and looks into her eyes. Scanning them for any denial or trickery before stepping away and walking out the door with not another word spoken.

"I just hope that not everyone changes.", Alex whispers to herself as she wiggles her hands out of the handcuffs and occupies herself with uncuffing her legs, "Cause I sure don't intend on forgetting who I am."

Alex silently opens the door, looks around the halls filled with closed doors and sighs in relief when she realizes the halls were barren. With no time wasted she sprints; full speed, down the hall and down the stairs until she reaches the exit door.

"No windows. Who the fuck puts a door without at least a hole to look through?! Oh, well here goes nothing.", Alex whispers to herself as she clutches the metal doorknob, she looks down at her bruised knuckles turning white before a flashback happened.

With a small smile to the little girl, the woman walked over to the front door and slid open the top lock before reaching her hand around the brass knob and turning it to the side.

The winter breeze was strong, but not strong enough for the little girl who remained behind the woman, gripping onto the soft fabric of her long red dress. She peeked her head around the woman's thigh and looked out to the door.

The men standing in front of the two were dressed formally; black suits with white undershirts and black ties. They had scarves around their necks, red ones that made the little girl shift side to side.

An uncomfortable look was on her face.

The little girl's grip subconsciously tightened, causing the woman to reach behind her and gently grip her shoulder.

"Can I help you?" The woman spoke with a calm voice, one that she was famous for.

"Is Dante home?" The one on the right asks immediately. The little girl frowned.

She watched as the woman's face furrowed; her eyebrows sinking in as the grip on the door tightened, her knuckles growing white.

The woman from the flashback appeared very familiar, but the little girl...

The door opens causing Alex's hand to slide off the knob as she trails up to meet about the only three people she had not anticipated to meet. She locks eyes with the only male in the group as she came to the realization...she was that little girl from the flashback and DeVito was one of the men standing in front of the door.

Angela and Bailey look at each other in disbelief and just before Alex could sprint off DeVito grabbed her arm and was about to tase her when Alex knocked the taser out of his hand and gave him a hard punch in the temple; knocking the headmaster unconscious.

Bailey; obviously in no shape to fight, decides to tackle Alex to the ground instead of letting her escape. Alex rolls Bailey off of her as they both separate and stand. Bailey weakly tries to hold up her fists as she tries not showing weakness.

"Just go home Bailey...you'll be killed either way.", Alex says as she turns away, for the first time feeling sorry for Bailey.

Bailey, obviously being stubborn, ignores Alex's warning and pushes her only chance to escape away as she sprints towards Alex and tries to tackle her to the ground. Alex dodges but quickly turns around and stops the incoming fist.

Bailey gets her fist out of Alex's grip and launches two more letting Alex know things were starting to get serious. Bailey attempts to throw a hook when Alex painfully blocks it and throws a cross.

Bailey steps back and shakes her head as she tries to regain her positioning when suddenly Alex heard the loud thudding of footsteps. Alex quickly catches Angela by the arm and throws her backward before she gets tackled to the ground by Bailey who wrapped her arms around Alex's neck.

Alex turns over and presses her fingers into Bailey's eye sockets. Bailey quickly releases her grip on Alex's neck as tumbles to the right in pain. Alex quickly reaches out, grips Angela's ankle and trips her before crawling over to her and threatening Angela into telling her where Keith was.

Bailey quickly recovers and tackles Alex to the ground, annoying Alex beyond belief that Bailey wasn't getting the memo. Alex rolls out from under Bailey before quickly pinning Bailey to the ground and giving her head a sudden jerk in the wrong direction as Bailey's body goes limp.

Angela, too shocked to comprehend what was happening, found herself slammed up against the wall with Alex angrily standing in front of her.

"Leave me alone...yo-you-you killer-"

"I'll clarify who's the killer in a few seconds if you don't tell me where they placed Keith!", Alex yells back as Angela slides down the wall and lets the tears stream down her cheeks.

"I-I-"

"Where is he?!", Alex yells at Angela extremely pissed about the fact that she was crying over a stupid little question she could answer.

"I can't tell you!"

Alex crouches in front of her while letting the taser in her right hand flash to life causing Angela to flick.

"You might have to."

"Get that contraption away from me you killer!"

Alex tried controlling her anger but Angela wasn't making it any easier. Controlling her reflexes was turning into a problem since she suddenly realized her taser wasn't on any longer but the one coming towards her sure was.