Check Up

You are insaneMy desireA dangerous gameLove, loveYou are crazyA perfect liarSimply save meLove, love

You are insane
My desire
A dangerous game
Love, love
You are crazy
A perfect liar
Simply save me
Love, love

Love is madness - Thirty Seconds To Mars  ft. Halsey

Third POV.

Astrid was stood outside of the hospital talking to her father. "Yeah dad. I know to be careful, but I think I trust these people, they've told me their secret, so why can't I tell mine?" She spoke in hushed whispers, trying not to attract the attention of bystanders. Klaus on the other line nearly groaned at his daughter's innocence, she was too naïve when it came to moments like this.

"Littlest Wolf, this is your decision. But if one of those people hurt you, I will personally come to this town, and make them eat their own tongue."

"Yeah dad, I know. Can you ask Aunt Freya to send me one of our grimoires, I need to practice. Love you." Astrid quickly ended the call, not wanting to answer her fathers question about why she would need to practice. He would just yell at her telling her that she needs to be careful, and not treat her magic as if it was a toy.

While walking into the hospital, she noticed the looks from David, Mary Margaret and Emma. "That guy in the hospital—someone keeps calling for him. Maybe a wife. A mother. Maybe there's still some stuff you can fix." Ruby said to the doctor in front of Astrid. "Wait, I should be able to heal him. I mean I helped fix Killian's ribs, so this shouldn't be too bad." At Astrid's suggestion, David shook his head. "Let him do it. 'Strid, he needs to fight his own demons." She nodded, the doctor needed to have confidence in himself once again.

After hearing the good news, Astrid moved to high five David and Mary Margaret, they both smiled and high fived her back. She giggled in return.

While listening to the group talking about how this could be bad news. Astrid sent a message to Freya, to remind her about the grimoire. Freya replied with an 'Okay' and that was it. Astrid felt happier about the idea about having more of a chance to control her magic. Emma saw her smile, and felt curious. She was slightly nervous about finding what type of supernatural the young girl was, but she decided to focus on the task at hand.

"He didn't see nothin'?" Leroy questioned Emma.

"Free and clear." Astrid breathed out in relief.

"Oh, good." Mary Margaret spoke out.

"Now maybe things can calm down for ten minutes, and we can catch our breath." David spoke. Astrid quickly excused herself from their small group, she was going to go see Killian.

When entering his room, she quickly took not of his peaceful expression while sleeping. It caused her to smile, he was rather beautiful, even when he was bruised and broken. She walked up to his bed, just to check that her magic properly healed his ribs. She pressed lightly down on his chest, and when he didn't inhale sharply, she knew she had succeeded.

"If I knew I was going to be woken up by a beautiful maiden's hand on my body, then I will have to make sure to get hit by that metal contraption again." Killian spoke with a large smirk on his face.

"Erm... O-oh wow." Astrid stuttered, finally getting to see how beautiful his eyes were, she was mesmerised. Killian just smirked at her. "I was just checking to see if my magic did it's job properly." Astrid finally spoke after a few moments of gazes filled with tension.

"Whatever you say, love. How are you able to do such magic, beautiful?" Killian asked.

"When you gain my trust, I will tell you." Astrid spoke with confidence. He liked it. "I need to go, but make sure to rest and try not to get hurt again." She quickly walked out, face bright red. Hook watched her leave, wetting his lips slightly.