Chapter 29

Third POV.

Neal's funeral was sad. Seeing Henry and Emma's heartbroken face made Astrid's heart crack a little. Their pain was hers. So, she held Henry and Emma's and as they said their goodbyes. Eventhough Henry didn't really know why he felt heartbroken, he knew it was horrible. He felt as if he had a huge rock on his chest, restricting his breathing, tears pricked in his eyes for an unknown reason.

Once Astrid poured a little bit of dirt on his Coffin just like Henry did, he then cuddled into her side and looked around.

Astrid caught Killian's eyes, his held pain too. Her Soulmate was hurting, and she would do anything to help him, just like she would with Emma and Henry. She would protect these people till she could no longer live. She would sacrifice anything for them, just like she would for her real family. 

The line between her real family and her 'fake' family, was slowly disappearing, of course she knows who her biological family is. But these people, her people, have became just as real to her as her biological. So the line between the two groups was dimming and disappearing every day. 

Killian led Astrid and Henry to the docks. They looked at them, while Killian said, "Here. Now that'll do." Astrid grabbed his fake hand, and stood next to him. She looked up at Killian and smiled slightly, then turned to look around.

"Another boat?" Henry asked while looking at Astrid in confusion. Her cheeks grew red as she slowly began to pull her hand away. Killian's real hand grabbed her hand, and held it close to him.

"You don't like the sea?" Killian asked in shock, looking at Astrid with wide eyes. She giggled slightly at him.

"No, it's not that. It's just my mom always seems to put me off to friends that have boats when she's working on a case. I mean Astrid would usually be there to stop it, but when she went to New Orleans without me, I had to go to their house and boats." Henry rambled slightly, he fiddled with the hem of his sleeve.

"Your mother didn't put you off to me. I wanted to bring you here." Killian's smooth voice spoke out, Astrid hid her urge to shudder. Henry asked why, while peering around the docks. "You might not believe this, but your father and I were mates long before he met your mother.

"Really? You knew my dad? What was he like?" He looked to Astrid, who just shrugged her shoulders while quickly sending a snapchat of the docks on Snapchat to her family groupchat. 

"Hop on board and you'll find out." Killian said while watching what Astrid was doing, he grew confused the minute she tapped on a white Ghost. He did not know why she would have something to do with ghosts on her electronic machine.

"I think I've tried every knot in here. When do we get to the part about my dad?" Henry said while Astrid sat on the sand, her black jeans getting slightly damp.

"Just a few moments longer. There. Come here. "Killian brings Henry closer and hands Henry his sextant. Astrid stands up and stands next to them.

"What's this?" Henry asked while looking at it in confusion.

"That, my boy, is a sextant. It's used by sailors to navigate."

"Like a GPS?" Astrid failed to stifle her laugh as Killian looked at Henry in confusion. He was very adorable when he was confused.

"Aye. It measures our position using the stars." He said, the tips of his ears were slightly red, Astrid always laughed at his lack of knowledge of the world he was in. He was going to prove her wrong, and show her that he understood technology.

"Not sure, if that's what a GPS does, but what does this have to do with my dad?" Henry asked, but before Astrid could answer for Killian, her phone rang. Quickly walking away, she answered her phone.

"Darling!" The voice of her uncle Kol was heard. "Davina and I, are on our way to your little town. But, some sort of magic was hiding it from us, but my darling wife, managed to find it. So, we'll see you soon, little witch." He ended the call. Astrid stood there, gobsmacked. She would wait to tell the others. 

"Wait. He lost his dad, too?" Henry said to Killian, as Astrid walked back over to them.

"Hey Hen, uncle Kol is on his way." Astrid said, she watched as Henry's eyes grew wide and grew an excited gleam to them.

"Finally! I haven't saw him in ages!" Astrid laughed with him, while he ran up to her and hugged her. She hugged back, and they both high fived.

Killian went to take Henry back to his mother, while Astrid went to her room in Granny's. She waited for him to come back. When he did, they both got into bed and went to sleep cuddled into each other's arms.