41

Timeskip (two weeks):

I plopped on the plastic-covered couch, rubbing the baby bump as the others finished painting the walls of the nursery. We settled for a light lavender just in case of genders and such.

The band had come over to help Namjoon and I move in and paint and stuff, but I wasn't doing as much because I was starting to get tired a bit more quickly.

The whole house smelled like fresh paint and renovations. It smelled like a future with my mate and our pups.

At last, the paint dried and we moved furniture back into respective places, objects into cabinets and closets, pictures on walls, prepping the nursery for the pups coming in around seven months. At last, we finished and collapsed on the three couches in the living room in case the members wanted to come hang out.

Namjoon and the other rappers were working in his office to plug everything in so that he could work from here and send out song demos and lyrics to the management. The rest of us were just chatting in the living room, the other omegas wanting to touch the baby bump. Even Jungkook was interested in it.

And he's only into working out and video games.

Jimin told us about the call with his father and apologized to Taehyung when the younger said that Yoongi ruined the mood he and Hoseok had going on in their room when Yoongi started amping his scent like that. Joon and I were out furniture and appliance shopping, so we didn't have to deal with it.

Then Jimin told us about the negative pregnancy test. There was a little sadness on his face about the result, but he brushed it off and said that now probably wasn't the best time for more pups with mine on the way.

The alphas came back down and joined our conversation, piping in a few times with a new story that they had. But they eventually had to leave.

We all hugged at the door, Namjoon squeezing me before following them to the van. There was something at the management's main building he needed to take care of.

And so I was alone in a big empty house.

I turned on the TV and put on kdramas as I pulled out some strawberries my grandpa sent me the other day as a care package for moving.

I was two episodes in when the doorbell rang. Pausing it, I got up with a hand on my belly. I pulled my face mask on and answered the door, now wishing I hadn't.

"You've got a lot of explaining to do."

Fear and anxiety struck my body at the man and woman standing in the entryway.

My parents.