72

I jolted awake to not see Jimin next to me, whimpering in pain as he slept.

"Jimin?" I called gently, trying not to spike his migraine.

Getting up, I looked in the closet in case he wanted to grab something from there. Then I went to the bathroom when I didn't see him there.

There he was, shivering and in freezing water.

"Jimin!"

He whined and gripped his hair as I ran over and pulled him out, draining the water. Why was it red?

"Y—Yoonie, it's too hot," his cried.

"Baby, you can't sit in cold water. If you want to take a bath, it needs to be warm," I said as I dried off the shaking boy, not sure if he was shivering or shaking from pain and forgetting about the red water to take care of my mate.

"H—Hot."

"I know sweetie, but sitting in cold water is only going to make it worse. Let's get you back in bed and I can give you some water, okay?"

He nodded, tears staining his cheeks as I picked him up, noticing how light he'd gotten since this started. Setting him gently into the sheets and pulling them up to his shoulders despite his whines of it being too hot, I made a mental note to get him to eat his weight once this was over. Opening the water bottle, I pressed the lid against his lips and tilted it some, helping him drink. I wiped off some sweat from his face and kissed his forehead, laying down next to him.

"Sleep, baby."

His quiet mumblings of "hot" and "three" and "hurts" returned, his small list slowly growing.

"I know," I whispered. "I know, Minnie. Sleep now, baby."

His crying eyes slowly shut and he mumbled and cried himself to sleep once more.

"I'm sorry," I murmured, holding the scalding boy close. "We never should've gone there."