CHAPTER 1

How did she get into these types of situations! Oh yes, she let her friend Mara convince her to take this month long holiday.

So, here she was, driving into Willow Creek, a small quaint town, nestled in a valley. The ad had said it was a place to relax and reconnect with nature, a place to find peace and tranquility.

So, driving through, she could admit, that the town had an old charm, with it's usual small businesses and people going about their day. She took note of a few places that would interest her to visit. But, she still had to get to her destination, her cabin was just on the outskirts of town and she had to reach the lodge's reception, to check-in and retrieve her cabin key.

Arriving at the lodge, she parked her vehicle and stepped out. Stretching out all the kink's from a long journey, she took in a deep breath and looked at her surroundings. The ad wasn't lying, all around her was rolling green hills and at the far end, a forest.

The lodge itself was magnificent, with a wraparound porch, set in dark wood, contrasting greatly with the background of the mountain, greenery and blue sky.

Moving forward and climbing up the steps towards the double doors leading into the lodge, Cassie swiftly took in her surroundings once she entered. The reception area, had a homely feel, a welcoming ambience. At the reception desk stood three people, a oldish man and two young women.

"Hello, welcome to Willow Creek Lodge, my name is Samantha, how may we help you?" One of the young women spoke with a friendly smile, looking at Cassie with interest and kindness.

Cassie returned her smile and replied " My name is Cassie Stevens, I've got a reservation."

Samantha looked at her computer "Yes, it is here, you have been booked to stay at one of our cabins for the month.' Looking up to Cassie to confirm, too which she nodded.

Then Samantha turned around and retrieved a set of keys hanging on the wall, she then proceeded to explain to Cassie on how to get to the cabin, that the fridge had been stocked up, prior to her arrival. On all activities supplied by the lodge, including meals, should she choose not to make her own, spa facilities, a large selection of books to read in their library, nature trails and much more, pointing out the brochure for her to take and read at leisure. Cassie thanked her, returned to her car and followed the directions given.

Reaching her destination, Cassie took in her surroundings. Her cabin was small and quaint. It was peaceful here. Taking her luggage, she tiredly walked to the door, she would later explore her surroundings, but at the moment all she wanted to do, was lay down and take a nap. Walking in the direction of what she assumed was the bedroom, she came upon her room, dropped her bag, took off her clothes and crawled into the inviting bed.