CHAPTER 30

Cassie woke up, everything was dark, her eyes covered up with some sort of material. Her head hurting, she tried to reach it, noting that her hands were tied up behind her, her legs strapped down. Somebody had tied her down to a chair, making sure she couldn't escape. The air around her smelled stale and damp. She heard water dripping nearby, coldness settled around her. Fear coursed through her.

"Hello! Anyone out there?" She shouted, "Please, anyone! Help me!"

Whimpering when she heard a voice towards her left, barely recognizing it, only knowing it was female.

"Well, well...it seems the Queen has awoken. How pathetic she looks now, what will her mate do...seeing this dirty pathetic weakling!" She cackled.

"Max will save me, he loves me!" She shouted.

"Silence!" Punching Cassie hard across her cheek, drawing blood.  Then toppling her chair. Cassie fell over to her side. Proceeding go kick her in her stomach. Bending down, she grabbed a handful of Cassie's hair and tugged harshly, bringing her face close to hers, "You will only speak, when spoken to." She growled.

"I won't...you are nothing but a murderous bully!" Cassie exclaimed, through painful breaths. Hoping that Max keeps his promise and finds her soon.

"You...will...shut...up!" Kicking Cassie with each word.

Cassie felt a rib break, screaming, the pain was unbearable. She was getting dizzy... trying to stay awake, "Why...?" She whispered, coughing as it became hard to speak.

Laughing, the female voice responded, "Why? Well I'll tell you why...you took what is mine. Max is mine and forever will be mine!" She exclaimed.

"But Max will never be yours...he has me," she mumbled painfully.

"That's where you are wrong...once you are dead I'll be there to pick up the pieces, he will turn to me, seeking comfort and love." She reasoned, her mind wandering, dreaming of Max.

"He still won't want you...he will be full of vengeance... wanting to find his mate's killer...that he won't search for comfort!" Cassie sputtered, her breathing becoming difficult.

"Argh...! You are wrong! He will love me!" She screamed at Cassie, giving another swift kick to Cassie's body.

"No! You are wrong! You will die by my hands!" A voiced growled loudly.

Turning around, she exclaimed, "Max! How did you know?"

"Not Max...I'm your king and today you will die!" Beast roared, making her submit.

Fearing for her life, she got down on her knees, crawling to her king, grabbing his legs, begging, "Please, I only did this for us, so we could be together, I love you!"

Watching, as others came into the basement, blocking her path of escaping.

"No!" Pushing her off him, he turned to his guards, "hold her and make sure she doesn't escape."

Rushing forward, he dropped down to his mate, untying her, pulling her onto his lap, hearing her whimper in pain and her shallow breaths, gently he stroked her face, seeing her face swollen, bruised and bleeding. "Get the Doc her quickly!" He ordered. Lifting Cassie up and rushing out as quickly and gently as he could. "Hold in there baby, I'm here!"

"Max? You... came!" Cassie whispered.

"Yes darling, you will be better soon, just be a bit stronger for us." He stuttered, praying to the Moon Goddess to watch over his mate.

"I promise..." She said, before passing out.