CHAPTER 24

"So, let us take a seat nearby. Knowing your mate, we should stick close by. Otherwise his beast might break out in hives..." Melissa laughed.

Chuckling, Cassie agreed, moving along with Melissa towards a bench, having a distant view of the training field and within eyesight of Max.

Sitting down, they got to know each other, with Melissa joking, giving her insight to Max's childhood. Realising, that Melissa spoke of Max like a annoying sister, making her realize, that she had nothing to worry about and forming a friendship, just as she had with the others.

Max, not wanting to be far from Cassie, watched as Melissa and her sat nearby, talking and laughing. Making him relax, as he saw that Cassie was enjoying herself with Melissa. He was worried that they wouldn't click, but... looking at them, he was satisfied seeing them get along. He knew Melissa since diaper days, she was also Sara's sister, a great friend and warrior. He knew that she would keep Cassie safe.

Having run out of patience, he walked to them, hearing their laughter, "So... what is so amusing, that you have my mate in stitches." He drawled, content at Cassie's sweet laughter.

"Oh, nothing serious. Only getting to know each other, the Goddess has chosen a perfect mate for you.' Melissa answered.

"Thank you. Now if you don't mind. I'm taking my mate for some personal one on one." Smirking at Cassie's blush, tagging her along, towards the car.

Tugging Max's hand, slowing them down, Cassie asked, "So...where are we going?"

"Back to your cabin. I'm tired of sharing and want you all to myself." Hastening their progress, neither talking, leaving the pack house behind...anticipation of what lay ahead, coursing through them.

Reaching the cabin, Max quickly parked the car, jumping out, rounding it, helping Cassie out, steering her towards the door. Inside, he backed her up towards the sofa, plundering her lips, devouring her essence. Swallowing her moans, as his hands roamed her body.

Kissing her jawline, towards her mark, Cassie could only tremble with desire, moaning when Max sucked and nipped her mark. Her hands pressing his head down, wanting the pleasure to continue. Arching her body to his, wanting to be closer.

Max murmured, "Cassie, I want you!"