Epilogue

A few weeks had passed, since the day he met his mate. The day he became complete. Happy with her acceptance, even though she was human. How she made everyone around her smile and at ease.

Then scowling he thought of the threat against Cassie. One of the people, he thought he could trust, was the one who betrayed him. He could not believe it, when he decided to follow his instincts and was proved right. Yes...she was dead now, but the damage she caused was far reaching...

"Darling, what are you thinking about?" A soft, sensual voice asked, snuggling further into his embrace.

Smiling, Max turned, hovering above her, appreciating her beauty, kissing her lighly across her lips, inhaling her alluring scent, feeling her soft warm skin beneath his fingers, trailing them along her face and body, memorizing each dip and curve.

Thanking the Moon Goddess for saving Cassie.

"Only about the past, how things happened. How we got here. Sometimes, I need to touch you to make sure, you are real!" He spoke.

Cassie pressed her hand to his heart, " Yes, we are all surprised at the turn of events. What Melissa did, she not only betrayed the pack, she hurt her family. It's going to take awhile before any of you heal. I mean, she was Sara's sister and Stacey's cousin." She spoke, gently running her hands across his chest, "She used Stacey's secret too her advantage, if you didn't find them, we wouldn't have known, that the rogue was actually Stacey's mate and because of that, Melissa exploited that and imprisoned them in the basement, holding them captive."

"I know..."

"Shhh...!" Lifting a finger to his mouth, "let's not worry about that, we are together and the future looks bright and quite comfortable from this position!" Wiggling her eyebrows suggestively.

Laughing, he crushed his lips to hers.

"I love you!" Max said.

"Love you too!" Smiling happily at him.

The end.

#########################
Author's Note

Thank you all for taking the time to read my story.

Any and all comments are highly appreciated, be it good or bad, the only request is to keep the negative comments clean.

I don't mind constructive criticism, just not people who like to bully on social media.

There are grammar and spelling mistakes, plz forgive me. Not everyone is a English major😎

A disclaimer for all, this story is mine. Every word and chapters. It is copyrighted. All rights exclusively mine.

Pictures are the sole right of the net, that I do not own and I thank those who created them.

Thank you again and enjoy😎👍