Chapter 18

I can't believe it! He has marked that bitch! I've got to set my plan in motion quickly! I've need to get rid of her! He is mine!!!

She thought venomously, watching as Max and Cassie walked towards the pack house.

#
Nearing the pack house, Max felt Cassie tense, slowing down, he asked, "Everything ok, you don't have to be nervous, they'll love you," calming her with his words, squeezing her hand.

"I guess, with everything that has happened in such a short time, only now is it becoming real....I mean, usually you get to know a guy, before meeting the family and friends."

"Hmm...I guess that's true, but in the shifter world, things tend to work faster. But, don't worry! You've already met some and you hit it off with them, they'll make you feel at home." Smiling down at her.

"True..." Relaxing, as they moved forward towards the house. Cassie looked up towards the house, it was almost the same as the lodge, but a bit bigger. It seems that most dwellings around here had the same blueprint, yet they all seem to blend in with the nature surrounding them.

Entering the house, they came upon a large foyer, staircases leading up to the next floor, a modern chandelier, glistening, catching the light from outside. Archways leading into other sections on either side, luxury everywhere one looked. Something that you usually expected to see in high class suburbs, not out here, far from civilization.

"Cassie!" A female called from the right, turning, she saw Sara making her way towards them, smiling. Followed by Mary, Ian and Colt. "I'm so glad you're here, we can catch up, have a girls get together, let's leave these men to their boring business and us girls have some fun!" Sara exclaimed, taking Cassie's hand and dragging her towards the staircase, not even giving her chance to respond. She looked back to Max uncertain.

"You go ahead, I'll come fetch you, once I'm done, it shouldn't take long and then I'll come save you!" Max stated, with a laugh.

Nodding, she let Sara drag her upstairs, with Mary following.