CHAPTER 29

As everyone moved into position, Max's beast was pacing relentlessly, "Something is just not right, it's too quiet." He stated.

"Let's move in quickly, charge through." Getting the feeling again, that something was going to happen and none of it positive. So, moving forward silently, they positioned themselves near the door. Counting to three, Max knocked the door down... rushing in. While the rest followed suit, Max took note, that there wasn't anyone inside, the scent was strong of the previous occupants, but they were long gone. Growling, he stormed out, frustrated at the delay of justice being served, now they didn't know where Stacey was hiding and now have to waste time in searching for her.

Just then he felt a sharp pain in his head, clutching it, he knew that his mate was in danger...

"This was a ruse, they wanted to lead us away from the Luna, leaving her unprotected!" He shouted, changing into his beast and running at speed towards the safe house. The others following suit.

Halfway, Beast scented the smell of blood, following the scent, he came across a form lying on the ground. He smelt the blood of his mate, mixed with another's. Rushing to the form, he dropped down, turning them around, he growled...it wasn't his mate!

Ian caught up to his Alpha, anxiously watching as his beast paced around the still form, "Alpha? Is that Melissa?"

"Yes! Wake her up! I need answers!" He growled.

"Alright Alpha, though I suggest you change forms, we need you to stay in control," he quietly submitted, hoping that Melissa could give them the answers they needed.

Beast didn't like it, but his human calmly stated that they needed a clear head to solve this. They at least felt that their mate was still alive, hurting...but, alive. So changing forms, Max put on the clothes given to him and approached Melissa and Ian, who Ian was able to wake, noting the cut on her forehead. Crouching down, he calmly asked, "Where is she?"

Melissa shuddered, tears running down her face, "I'm sorry Alpha, they came out of nowhere, knocking me out, before I had a chance to react. It's like they knew our plans in detail."

"How many were there?" Which direction did they come from and which way did they go, if you can remember?" Max questioned.

"There were about four of them. One grabbed the Luna and the other three came towards me, one of them knocking me out. They came from the right, as too which way they went... I'm not sure!" She sobbed.

Nodding, he stood up, "Take her to the infirmary, get her wound checked out," he informed two of the warriors, "as for the rest...spread out, I want you to sniff out any scent that doesn't belong here. My mate is hurt and we won't rest until we find her!"