CHAPTER 12

Max waited nervously, if she doesn't accept them, they would die.

"Cassie...?"

"I... what do you mean by claim? And books I've read, is there more fiction than fact? Are you true to your soulmate?" Cassie questioned. So much running through her mind.

Max calmly shook her, "Cassie...I will answer any questions you have, but right now...all you need to know is that my beast and I, love you! So...do you accept our bond, do you accept us as we are?"

Cassie looked up to Max, saw the uncertainty, fear, love and hope, "Yes Max I do." Giving him a smile.

Max was stunned, it took a moment for him to react, crashing his lips to hers. Her arms moving up around his neck, moaning, her hips bucking. He smelt her arousal, his kisses becoming rougher, his need for her growing. Feeling his beast awaken with her whimpers and moans.

She pulled back, her breathing deep, staring into his eyes, "Can we...take it slow... everything is overwhelming!" She asked.

Max reined in his desire for her, kissing her lightly down towards her neck, sniffing, calming himself. "I understand, we will go at your pace. Thank you for accepting us. Giving us a chance. I will answer any questions you have." He said, "I love you."

So, giving her a hug, he took her hand and led the way back to his car. Getting in, they drove back to her cabin.

Cassie couldn't believe that in such a short time, she found someone special, someone made for her, as Max led her to her door, only one thing was on her mind...she didn't want him to leave.

Debating on how to ask, she nervously turned around, "Can you stay...I mean you don't have too...but I don't want this night too end." She stuttered, looking down.

Taking her chin and lifting her face up, Max smiled tenderly, "Now that I have you, I don't want to let you go, we won't have to do anything you aren't ready for, all I want to do is hold you all night, I promise." Entering the cabin, they proceeded to the bedroom, getting ready for bed, snuggling up and falling into a peaceful slumber.

#
Unaware of the shadow lurking outside, watching...

"You will not take what is mine!!!" The voice said sinisterly.