CHAPTER 28

As they got dressed, Max informed her of the plan. That they would head out to the pack house, where a meeting would be held and decisions made on their next move.

Once ready, they headed out, locking up the cabin.

#
Look at them!!! Well at least my message has been delivered. They won't know what hit them! Let the games begin!!!

She smirked, slinking back into the dark woods, covering up her scent, making sure nobody could smell her and follow her trail...

#
Attending the meeting, Cassie noted those present. Sara, Mary, Ian, Colt, Melissa, a few elite warriors and the elderly advisors.

They were currently in a large conference room, with Max and herself seated at the head of the table, the rest seated according to their ranks....though Melissa and the warriors stood guard at the far end. 

"The trackers have followed a scent towards the outskirts of town, in the far easterly section, they are staying in the background, observing a shack, deep in those woods, waiting for any movement and instructions from you," Colt informed his King and everyone present.

"Good and we are sure it's Stacey's?" Max asked.

"Yes and the other scent, was the rogue, that passed by a few days back." Ian informed everyone.

"So.. I'm assuming she is working with that rogue?" An elderly asked.

"Yes." Ian confirmed.

"Ok...we'll take a few warriors, meet up with the trackers. Catch Stacey and if possible, bring her and her companion in for questioning. I want answers! Before judgement is served." Max told them.

"Also...Melissa. I need you to take Cassie to the safe house. You will stay there until I come there myself to fetch her... understood?" He ordered.

"Yes Alpha." Melissa agreed.

"Right, ladies," turning towards Sara and Mary, "I need both of you to stay here, keep the pack calm and await further instructions."

"Yes Alpha." They both replied.

"Myself, Ian, Colt and the warriors will head out. Hopefully this will be resolved and sorted out soon. Now...everyone dismissed. Melissa, wait outside with the rest, I need to speak with my mate in private." Max said, waiting as everyone followed his orders and left the room.

Getting up from his seat, Max knelt down in front of Cassie, turning her face towards him. "What is worrying you my love?"

"Do I have to go too the safe house? Can't I stay here? Wouldn't I be a better Luna if I stayed here and gave my support?" She queried.

"Under a different situation, I would agree. But, as this is a threat to you, I need you safe. I need to eliminate this threat and knowing you are safe, will calm my beast." He gently soothed her.

"But...what if you get hurt? Can't you stay with me?" She exclaimed anxiously.

Cupping her face and gently kissing her, "I will be back for you, mark my words. I promise you I'll be back and I need you to believe that. Promise me you'll be strong and trust in my word."

"Oh Max!" Flinging her arms around him, "I promise, I love you."

"I love you too." Plundering her lips, giving her a deep satisfying kiss.