Chapter 38: Seafoam is the Color of the Dress (Prom)

"Nothing separated them except the thin lining of air while she looked at the reflection of her eyes in his eyes." ~Chandan Barik

*Listen to "One Thing Right" by Marshmello featuring Kane Brown*

I'm updating a little early because I'm going on vacation, so enjoy chapter thirty-eight of A Sky Full of Blue!! Also, A Sky Full of Blue has over 28K reads!! Thank you guys so much!!

*Listen to "One Thing Right" by Marshmello featuring Kane Brown* I'm updating a little early because I'm going on vacation, so enjoy chapter thirty-eight of A Sky Full of Blue!! Also, A Sky Full of Blue has over 28K reads!! Thank you guys so much!!

Also, I thought that this dress matched the sea foam color that I was going for perfectly. Hazel's dress is both flowy and comfortable, and surely has pockets. 😉

The late May sunshine overtakes my eyesight as I stare out the window. I fiddle with my fingers, waiting for Sierra to show up. She'e supposed to be helping Mom with my makeup, which I begrudgingly agreed to.

I put a finger to the soft, satiny texture of the dress, sighing. I have no idea if Theo is going to like this; I have no idea if I even like it. I rub the fabric over my fingers, trying to calm my nerves.

It's a Saturday; the birds are chirping, the frogs are starting to croak from beneath their hiding places. The air smells of summer, and the wind that blows across my cheeks, ruffling the curtains, is making me close my eyes. I relive many summers before, picturing a childhood of both struggle and happiness.

The butterflies are a torrent in my stomach and I have no way to stop them. This is my second dance with the boy I love. This time, I want things to be right.

I fold my arms over my chest to stop my fingers from tapping. I peer out the window one more time and see Sierra get out of her car. I sigh, going to the door. All I can hear is the beating of my heart, hear as the big artery in my chest pumps blood throughout my body. Especially my cheeks.

I catch Theo from my vantage point, seeing his curls ruffled expertly, in that tux with the blue flower pinned to it.

Tuxes are officially my weakness, although I've got to say that my boyfriend looks good in anything no matter what I say.

He walks over to the window and peers through, catching me.

"She's not even dressed yet, Sierra! What the hell?!" Toby raises an eyebrow at me and I do my best to cover up; I'm only wearing a pair of shorts and a tank top.

She shrieks, pushing him away from the window. She points over my head.

"Get into your room before he gets there and watches you undress! He's the biggest pervert I know!" I hear him slap her and she laughs.

I dart up the stairs before either of them can get it. I left the door unlocked so they'll be able to get in.

I sit at my desk, fingers folded across the top. I stare at my color book, then grab it after moments of contemplation. I haven't really written in that for a while, not since I got the other one and I met all of my friends and Theo.