Chapter Four - Necromancy

Lucresia •

    "Hey why'd you run off?" Nick asked me as he approached where me and Vera were standing. I smiled awkwardly and shrugged. This is SO awkward. I just want to run and tell Kennedy about everything. She would probably tell me to give Nick the benefit of the doubt.

    "Nick why are you even following Lucresia? Aren't you too busy with your weird parties?" Vera snapped as Nick frowned and approached me, looking at Vera as if she was crazy. Nick stepped towards me and touched my arm. I stepped back, not knowing what to do.

    "Quite snappy today, huh Vera?" Nick joked as he looked at me and winked whilst completely ignoring how I stepped back from his touch.

    "I'm talking with Lucresia Nick. So be gone." Vera shooed him off with her hands whilst taking my arm and guiding me towards one of the halls. I should probably get to class. I turned to look at Nick who had a kind of sad expression on his face. I felt bad. I gave him a small smile as he nodded tightly and fixed his suit... walking off.

    "I don't know why I should stop talking to him because of his romantic life. It's not like I like him..." I said trailing off. Vera looked at me with a weird expression on her face. I don't think I should really trust this girl... there's just something off about her whole demeanor. I noticed that we had reached a door that had a small plaque that read 'Necromancy'.

    "Because he's drama and the weird sisters are drama... I'm just taking care of my roomie." Vera said as I smiled awkwardly. I didn't even know what to say so I just smiled awkwardly.

    "Well here's my class." I said awkwardly as Vera smiled and just walked off, flipping her hair at me. I frowned and turned around. What is wrong with these witches and warlocks? I opened the door to the classroom and took in the scene.

    There were about ten rectangular tables meant for two people in two rows and the board and desk for the teacher in the front of the classroom. Pretty normal looking. Almost all seats were taken except for the table in the back. I made my way to the back as an older lady entered the room with a binder in hand. I sat down quietly as a few people looked my way.

    "Good morning class!" The lady whom I assumed was the professor exclaimed. I settled into my desk and took out a notebook to take notes. Suddenly Nick appeared on the seat next to me. I looked at him surprised as he winked at me.

    "Did you really just materialize into class?" I asked him as he smirked and patted my shoulder. Sitting so close to him I finally took him his face, he's more than just attractive. He is beautiful.

    "One of the many perks of being a warlock." He chuckled and fixed his tie. I turned my attention to the professor who was writing something on the board, when she stood back I could finally read 'Good'. Crap.

    "Well class... You are probably questioning yourself... good? What does that mean? Well... today a new student has joined us in class... And she is none other than Lucresia Good, descendant from one of the first witches to stand trial in mortal court and a known necromancy master, Sarah Good." The teacher explained as a few people started clapping as I sunk back into my chair. Why can't I just be normal? I looked at Nick who had a sympathy look on his face. So embarrassing.

    "Miss Good, please stand up and come over to the front of the class." The teacher ordered as I cursed under my breath . I heard Nick chuckle beside me. I stood up slowly as I felt every single soul in here looking at me.

    Suddenly Nick grabbed my hand and whispered; "Knock em' dead babe." he let go as I walked up to the front of the class. The teacher had a weird creepy smile on her face. I smiled awkwardly at her and waved at the class.

    "Lucresia I was thinking... could you tell us a bit about Sarah Good?" The teacher asked. I pursed my lips together and smiled in pain. What do I even say? I don't know much. People always assume I'm some Salem witch trials specialist but my family usually likes to avoid thinking about how the mortals killed so many of us. And all the pain they caused us.

    "With all due respect, I don't exactly know much about my ancestor..." I trailed off as I heard a few people snicker at me. I rolled my eyes and looked inside myself for something to say. Obviously they would laugh, witches are obsessed with family status.

    "What I do know is that my ancestor really paved the witch community's path by going to mortal court and being trialed as a witch. She died for her coven, she was loyal and I am very happy to be a direct descendant of Sarah Good. She was a great witch, and I hope to follow her footsteps." I said seriously as the teacher clapped once seeming very satisfied with my answer.

    "Thank you so much, Miss Good. You may sit down." The teacher motioned as I smiled and nodded making my way to the back of the classroom. Everyone was staring at me. I smiled at Nick as he gave me a cute little look. I took my seat and sighed deeply.

    "You did amazing, Miss Good." Nick chuckled as I smiled warmly and turned to take notes of whatever this teacher was rambling on about.

    Before I knew it; "Class is dismissed." I closed my notebook and dropped it in my bag. I stood up ready to go but Nick gripped my arm and held me back. I literally just noticed that the classroom was already empty.

    "You did awesome. Madam Cambod was definitely surprised." So that is the teacher's name, good to know. Nick stood up and towered over me, he was definitely too close for comfort. I took a step back and smiled at him shyly. "Thank you." I said whilst turning around to leave, but he gripped my arm once again.

"Can we talk? About what happened with Vera?" Nick whispered, pulling me close to him once again. I looked up and him and smiled wholeheartedly. Get ahold of yourself Lucresia.

"Nick I literally just got here, your romantic inquiries are none of my business..." I trailed off and I meant it. Who was I to care about Nick's romances? We barely knew each-other. Nick suddenly cupped my face in his two hands. I frowned as Nick smiled warmly making me want to melt right there. Where is he getting at?

"I know we only just met. But I don't want you to think I am still involved with those girls. I broke it off before you even got here." Nick said smoothly and stepped back away from me, adjusting his tie and turning around to leave. I stood here shocked as he opened the classroom's door. "Hurry Good, or do you want to stay here alone?" Nick laughed as I came back from my shock and followed him out of the classroom, what is going on?

***

Nick is already getting all weird and touchy you guyssss, are you ready for what is to come? Also I am so thankful for everyone that has taken the time to read my story! Thank you so much, please send me suggestions if any!

Thanks for reading x