Chapter Fourteen - Sabrina's World

Lucresia •

It's been two days since the mines collapsed and even though I have been wanting to go see my sister, I swore to Nick I wouldn't put myself in weird situations with mortals. Even if that meant kind of avoiding my sister and best-friend. I still of course felt bad for the miners and wished I could help them but it was out of my reach.

I know it's selfish to distance myself from Kennedy when she didn't do anything but the fact that she is a mortal just doesn't help the situation. Nick is right, being best friends with a mortal would make me have a soft spot for mortals and make me weak. I can't take away the fact that Kennedy is my sister but I can distance myself until I felt less attached from the mortal kind.

I was currently sitting with Vera in the Dining Hall waiting on Nick so we could walk together over to our conjuring class. Vera and I have gotten pretty close since that talk we had and have hung out a few times. She's actually very nice company and I admire the way she stands up for herself.

Suddenly I saw as Nick approached with a frazzled expression on his face. He sat down and exhaled. Vera rolled her eyes and I put my hand on his arm.

"What's wrong?" I asked him as he looked at me and gave me a small smile, his eyes shifting to Vera and cringing. Even though me and Vera were friends, Nick and her just can not stand each other.

"Guess the mines accident wasn't that much of a product of nature." He said with a frustrated expression on his face. "What do you mean?" I asked him as he motioned his head over to where Dorcas and Agatha were sitting.

"They caused the collapse, because they were avenging the witches killed by witch hunters." Nick explained as my eyes widened and anger filled my body. Vera rolled her eyes and stood up harshly from the table. Nick and I watched as Vera walked towards the sisters. I stood up rapidly following after my friend, Nick in tail.

"You weird freaks!" Vera exclaimed as the sisters stood up at the same time and smiled creepily at us. Prudence nowhere to be seen. "Whatever do you mean?" The girls asked at the same time. I am so done with the twins act, they aren't the freaky twins.

"You! You made the mines collapse... How could you hurt so many mortals like that? You little psychopaths!" Vera said with a small laugh. Dorcas looked at Agatha with a serious expression but Agatha just laughed it out.

"We don't know what you're talking about." Dorcas said slowly but one could smell her lie from 10 feet away. "Cut the crap! We know what you bitches did. You could've exposed the witch kind." Vera said as I nodded slowly. Agatha rolled her eyes at me and crossed her arms.

"Why do you suddenly care so much about mortals?" Agatha snickered as Vera seized up the girl.

"Because I'm not a cra-" Vera was cut off by Agatha grabbing a cup from a nearby table and smiling at Vera then throwing the milkshake straight on her shirt.