Chapter Twenty - Top Boy

Lucresia •

     I was currently sitting in the activity room of the academy waiting for the nominees for Top Boy to be announced. Classes were back in session and the academy was back in full swing. I looked around trying to spot Nick but he was nowhere to be found which was weird.

     "Guess who's now a full time student at the academy?" Vera asked snapping me out of my thoughts and making me look up at her. She had a disgusted expression on her face. She sat down next to me and grinned.

      "You are such a gossip witch; Who?" I asked her as she chuckled and rolled her eyes. I kept looking around searching for Nick since he told me last night he would meet me here and now he is nowhere to be found.

     "That annoying little witch, Sabrina." She responded as I groaned loudly earning a laugh from Vera. Just as I was about to ask Vera if she had seen Nick, he entered the room with Sabrina in tail. Vera looked at me as if waiting for a reaction but I just waved at him. He walked over and sat down on the other side next to me.

     "Hey! Took you long enough." I smiled at him as he kissed my cheek and draped his arm around me. I cuddled into him as he spoke softly.

    "Got held up talking to Sabrina. She was telling me that she's coming here full time." He informed me as my stomach literally turned. Vera stifled a laugh and I kicked her shin, earning a playful glare from her.

     "Yeah... I heard. Good for her!" I exclaimed sarcastically as Nick chuckled. Father Blackwood started the nominations and  I barely paid any attention to whatever it was he was saying until they started shouting Nick's name. I smiled and kissed Nick proudly as he stood up and waved around as people clapped.

     "As candidate for Top Boy, the Academy recognizes Nicholas Scratch." Father Blackwood stated as everyone cheered on my boyfriend. I smiled at him proudly and clapped along everyone else.

     I cheered and celebrated with the rest of them as he turned to wink at me and kept basking in the attention. The people kept celebrating as they thought Nicholas would run unopposed but as always Sabrina had to break the fun.

     Sabrina blabbed on about wanting to be Top Boy and she finally got what she wanted, she got nominated; Prudence seconding it. I didn't even really care until Nick made a comment that made my blood boil. Here it goes again; Sabrina getting in the way of us.

    "I don't mind some competition, especially when it's Sabrina Spellman." Nick joked as everyone laughed and whistled at the pair. "Did Nick just flirt with Sabrina in front of the whole Academy?" Vera asked in shock as I stood up and left the activity room with Vera in tow. I stood in front of the Satan statue and groaned as Vera looked at me in sympathy.

     "Chill down, Lucresia. He probably didn't mean it like that." Vera said as I shifted my position. Vera's eyes darted to something behind me and as I turned around I saw Nick standing there looking all happy. Done flirting with the half-breed?

     "Why did you leave?" He asked me walking over with a happy little stride. Vera snickered from behind me. Nick cringing at her like always. I pursed my lips and raised an eyebrow at him as he frowned.

     "So you get to flirt with Sabrina Spellman and the rest of us are supposed to just take it? I'm not like other witches, I don't share." I spat out as he groaned and ran his fingers through his hair frantically.

" I spat out as he groaned and ran his fingers through his hair frantically