Chapter Thirty One - Who am I

Lucresia •

     Waking up being back together with Nick felt like everything was alright in the world but I knew damn well nothing was good. I stretched in bed and looked around, noticing Nick wasn't sleeping next to me. I checked the clock and it read 7:56am. I looked at Vera's bed and it was also empty, how weird. I got up from bed and got ready for the day thinking about where Nick was and what could he be doing.

     I made my way out of my dorm and went down to the Dining Hall, looking around seeing if I could spot Nick or Vera. I didn't see neither so I sat down alone with my plate of food on one of the long tables. I started eating and suddenly someone sat down next to me. I looked up and saw Asher smiling at me with a plate of food on his hands.

     "Hey Lucresia, what are you up to?" He asked me nicely while taking a bite of his food.

     "Nothing much. I was looking for Nick and Vera but I couldn't find them." I said shrugging as Asher shifted his weight uncomfortably. I need to tell him about Nick, it's now or never. I care too much about Asher but I need to say something now.

     "Listen I was meaning to talk to you about that... Are you and Nick back together? I saw you two so cozy and I needed to know. " Asher asked me as I looked at him and took a deep breath. He beat me to it.

     I know he's going to be so hurt. I feel so sorry. I would never hurt Asher intentionally but he deserves the truth. I can't act as if something between us can blossom because I know damn well it can't.

     "I am so sorry Asher but we are back together. I swear I never meant to hurt you..." I trailed off as his face fell and he looked down at his lap. I sighed and placed my hand on his shoulder supportively. He kind of flinched at my touch and that honestly broke my heart.

     "It's whatever. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. I hope it goes well for you guys and I hope your heart doesn't get broken." Asher said, grabbing his plate and standing up, walking away from the table without even saying anything else. I watched him walk away and pursed my lips.

     I took a deep breath and frowned. I was expecting this. I knew he wasn't going to be ecstatic after telling him I got back with my ex boyfriend. I continued on eating by myself, feeling completely awkward and kind of sad.

     "Hey Lu!" Someone exclaimed making me turn around to look at Nick approaching me with Sabrina in toll. I smiled at them and motioned them to sit next to me. Jealousy bubbled inside me but I had to suppress it. They sat down next to me, Nick draping his arm over my shoulder and planting on kiss on my cheek.

     "Hey! Nick I was looking looking for you all over, you weren't in bed when I woke up." I said as Nick smiled but Sabrina looked around uncomfortably. She looked kind of mad and agitated.

     "I was summoned by the council earlier in the morning, they told me I should stay in the Academy and I'm honestly happy. That's better than not being here at all. " Nick said happily giving me a side hug. I beamed and clapped excitedly for him because I know how much the Academy means for him.

     "You guys, why is everyone kind of staring at us like we have the plague or something?" Sabrina asked as I looked around and noticed that everyone was kind of inching away from us and giving us some weird looks.

     "Well, you got killed by avenging angels and then brought yourself from the dead... That usually never happens." Nick reminded Sabrina. I did the same but no one noticed thank Satan. Everyone only cares about Sabrina and I for once am grateful for that. Sabrina sighed and kept on eating with a sad expression on her face.