Chapter Thirty Eight - The End

Lucresia •

     I entered my house in a hurry. My mind going crazy about everything that has gone down lately. Sabrina is the Dark Lord's daughter. Who in the world would've expected? I knew Sabrina was bad from the start but I could've never guessed that she literally was bad to the bone. I just thought she was entirely obnoxious but I guess evil is in her blood. Does she know the chaos that she will release into the world?

     "Hey! Where did you go? You literally disappeared into thin air. And why do you look so pale?" My sister questioned me as I made my way into the living room and plopped myself down on the couch. I am mentally exhausted.

     "I was teleported someplace...I have never been more drained in my whole life. I just want to sleep forever and be done with everything witch related." I groaned as Kennedy sat down next to me and gave me a pitiful look. Right now I just wish things were back to how they were in Salem. My life was completely different. I was homeschooled and my only problem was studying hard enough so that I passed all the exams my father gave me. And now I have a ghost of my ancestor following me everywhere and the girl that stole my boyfriend is the horseman of the apocalypse.

     "Don't you ever question what our lives would be like if our parents never made us move to Greendale?" I asked Kennedy as she took a deep breath and nodded.

     "Our lives would probably be so fucking simple like everything would be normal and you would just be a simple witch and I would just be your older sister and we would still be best friends." Kennedy said as my heart slightly broke inside me. Greendale literally changed our lives for the worst.

     "I'm actually really sorry for everything Kennedy. I alienated myself from you completely because I thought I was protecting you. I should have never listened to Nick anyways. Look how that turned out." I joked lightly as Kennedy frowned.

     "Nick asked you to stay away from me? What the fuck? What did I ever do to him?" She questioned as I shook my head. "He didn't. He just suggested that I distance myself a little from mortals since you know, mortals and witches aren't supposed to get along." I explained as she rolled her eyes and nodded.

     "It's fine. I guess we all loose ourselves sometimes. You're not the first girl to change for a boy." Kennedy said as I frowned and looked at her. Did she mean that? Did I really change for Nick?

     "I don't know what that means... Do you honestly think that I changed for Nick?" I asked her as she sighed and gave me a look full of pity.

     "Yeah Luce, honestly I rooted for Nick in the start but as time passed I could see that you two were totally mismatched. You don't belong with someone like him and I think you know that. I believe that this is why you won't take him back. I think you knew he was trouble ever since you first saw him." Kennedy said as I leaned back into the couch and closed my eyes. Maybe my sister was right after all.

     "I guess I just got so caught up on him that I lost my balance." I said while looking at Kennedy, a tear rolling down my cheek. I don't want to cry but I can't help it. Kennedy engulfed me in a hug while I sobbed quietly into her shoulder.

     "And you'll learn soon Lucresia, that the hardest part isn't going to be loosing Nicholas. The hardest part is loosing yourself. Trust me by leaving Nick you dodged a bullet." She said while rubbing my back trying to comfort me. And that did it for me, I exploded in sobs, sadness overwhelming me. I felt grayness in every single part of my body. But I don't even know if I lost who I am. I don't actually think I had found myself in the first place.

Did I dodge a bullet? Or did I loose the love of my life?

-