Chapter Thirty Three - Sarah Good

Lucresia •

My eyes fluttered open as I looked around my room. I looked at the clock and it read 10:30am. I groaned and sat up on my bed, looking over at Vera's bed that was just empty. The door to the bathroom opened and out came Vera, fully ready to take on the day.

"Hey! You're finally awake... I was waiting for you to wake up. I thought we could spend time together today." Vera chirped as I smiled and nodded slowly. It would help me forget about my crazy conditions at least for a period of time.

"Yeah I would love that. It seems like I haven't seen you at all since that thing happened." I said not wanting to mention the deal with the avenging angels. I don't even want to remember that I died and then I brought myself back to life. I stood up and got ready for the day whilst Vera waited for me.

After I got ready, Vera and I made our way downstairs to the Dining Hall. We got our food and I looked around for a table to sit at but noticed how there was literally almost no one around. And where's Nick?

"Where even is everyone?" I asked Vera as she looked around and sat down at one of the tables. "They are probably at Ambrose Spellman's execution that is being carried on today." She said as my eyes widened and I remembered Ambrose's tragic fate. That's also probably where Nick is.

"That's fucking wild. I can't believe they would actually execute him, they at least should investigate a bit more before deciding that he's guilty." I said as Vera nodded and dug into her breakfast.

"I know right? I didn't want to go because there are just some things that I don't agree with. The coven sometimes does things that are questionable but whatever." Vera said as I nodded. That's kind of surprising coming from Vera who is a loyal witch. We continued eating until I felt someone stand behind me. I turned around to see Asher holding a tray of food looking quite gloomy.

"Can I sit here?" He asked as I looked at Vera who nodded slowly. I thought he was literally fuming at me after I decided go stay with Nick for good. He sat down next to me and pulled a tight smile.

"What are you guys talking about?" He asked us as Vera told him everything about what we were talking about just now. My mind drifted back to Nick and how was he feeling with the execution and all. I also wonder if he's comforting Sabrina, after all her cousin is the one being killed.

"Lucresia? Are you okay? You drifted off." Vera said while waving her hand in front of my face. I rolled my eyes playfully and smiled at her. I caught Asher's eye, making him look away almost instantly. I took a deep breath and looked down. Asher and I were such good friends and now it's so awkward.

"I sense some mayor vibes and tensions coming off between you two. You still haven't talked about what happened?" Vera asked as I shook my head and her eyes widened.

"Then I'm going to leave you two to it. Talk about everything, be honest." She stated as she picked up her tray of food and walked away from the table leaving me and Asher in complete silence. Asher sighed and looked up at me with a sad expression.

"Listen Lucresia, I don't ever want you to think that I'm mad or bitter that you want to be with Nick. If that's what you want, that's completely fine honestly. But I am a little hurt because I really thought you and I could work better than you and Nick, that's just my opinion." Asher said as I took in his words slowly.

"I'm so sorry that I hurt you Asher, I really am. In my intentions there was never one that would mean hurting you. You have been a friend to me through so much, you've been there for me and you're amazing, you are. But my heart belongs to Nick, even if I tried to ever be with someone else, I couldn't. I love Nick too much." I said calmly, trying to not make him upset or anything.