Chapter Twenty Three - Caught

Lucresia •

     "Welcome to The Riverdale Motel, how may I help you tonight?" The young clerk at the small motel that Nick and I had just entered asked. Nick had teleported us to this small hotel in the town that was next to Greendale. My heart was beating rapidly because if we were caught we would be in so much trouble.

     I'm definitely nervous, this is unlike everything I have ever done before. Before going to the Academy; I have always been a quiet girl, I had never even had a boyfriend and now look at me. Here I am running away from my family, my life, and friends. Never in a million years would I think I would ever be doing something like this. But I didn't even want to go to the academy at first.

     We were staying here today and then tomorrow we were going to decide where we would run away. I think it hasn't really hit me that I'm really running away with my boyfriend. It still feels unbelievable. I feel like I'm in a state of shock but this was my idea and I wasn't about to guilt trip my boyfriend.

     "Yeah, we would like a room." Nick stated as the clerk noted and wrote something on a computer. I looked around the small lobby and it was okay, I guess. It wasn't ratty but definitely wasn't exactly high end. I've never been to Riverdale before but it seems like a posh town.

     "How many beds would you like?" The man asked nicely as Nick answered with one bed. The clerk gave us a key card and told us our room was in the 4th floor. We made our way to the elevator and quickly found our room and made our way inside. It was a small room with a bed in the middle, it wasn't all that bad and honestly who cares? We were only here for tonight.

     "Lu are you okay? You are so quiet." Nick asked me as I looked around the motel room and turned to look at him with a sad smile on my face. I don't want to worry Nick or make him feel bad.

     "Yeah... it's just hard to take in. I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to anyone. I just kind of realized that." I said sitting down on the bed. Nick sat down next to me and looked at me with a sympathetic look on his face. I don't want him to feel bad because then I'll feel bad.

     "We can go back babe. I didn't think about everything that you would be leaving, it's okay if you want to go back." He said nicely as I shook my head and gave him a tight smile. Nick put his life on the line for me; He disobeyed the Dark Lord for me and I'm not about to just let that go unnoticed.

 Nick put his life on the line for me; He disobeyed the Dark Lord for me and I'm not about to just let that go unnoticed

     "No. It was my idea after all." I stated firmly as Nick looked at my lips and gave me a peck. I don't want to guilt trip Nick because after all running away was my idea. I still feel bad after all. I'm not going to lie, leaving everything behind is so extreme. Is it worth it? I really hope so.

     "I love you, Lucresia... I'll do whatever I have to do for you, I hope you know that." Nick whispered as I smiled at him and leaned my head on his shoulder. This is really happening. I am leaving everything that I know. "Let's just go to sleep." I said as he nodded and that is exactly what we did.