Chapter Twenty Seven - Mistake?

Lucresia •

It has been a week since the Amalia incident and a whole week of me and Nick meeting after the witching hour at his dorm and sitting around talking about everything and anything. After the hunting Nick came to me crying. He had to kill his familiar and he broke down. Two days ago we met in Nick's room and we lost sight of what we were doing and let's just say, we embodied Lupercalia... Even sharing I love you's but we have it so clear that we can't get back together, not yet. What we mostly talked about are my powers, why my eyes changed colors and my healing abilities.

"Lucresia? You zoned out, again." Asher said waving his hands in front of my face trying to gain my attention. I looked at him and smiled lightly. Vera stifled a laugh and took a sip of her tea. Vera is feeling great after she 'fainted', she tried questioning me and Nick about what really happened but we didn't budge about our stories.

"She's zoning out because she hasn't slept for a hot minute, she almost never comes to our room to sleep." Vera said chuckling as I looked at her with widened eyes. She can be such a bitch sometimes I swear.

Asher looked at me with a confused face and I honestly felt like shit. How do I tell the boy that I'm trying to like that I'm hanging out with my ex and that I let myself slip and slept with him? I will tell him because I think that honesty is  key.

"Vera can you give us a minute alone, please? I have to talk with Asher." I said sternly and looked at Vera who seemed to get the message and stood up from our table and walked off out of the Dining Hall.

"Look Asher I really have to tell you something and I really hope you don't hate me after I tell you this." I said with a sigh as he stared at me with a deep expression on his face. I feel so bad, almost as if I had cheated on him.

"Oh... Those words are never good. What's up?" Asher asked with a chirpy smile and my heart dropped. He has been nothing but sweet to me and here I am about to probably hurt him a whole lot.

"Asher... I did something. This past week I have been hanging out... I've been seeing Nick. Something happened." I said whispering the last part. I watched as Asher's smile weared down and then disappointment was evident on his face.

"Did you sleep with Nick?" He asked with a certain tone that was just heart wrenching.

"I did... Asher you know how much I appreciate you and your company and I really  feel like I could eventually be with you but there's so much in the middle. I can't seem to get over Nick." I said in all honesty and Asher didn't even answer

"Asher I am so sorry. I honestly don't know what happened, please don't hate me forever. I don't know how I let myself slip like that." I pleaded as he looked away and ran his fingers through his hair, groaning in frustration.

" I pleaded as he looked away and ran his fingers through his hair, groaning in frustration

"I'm not mad at you Lucresia. I'm furious at Nick! Who the fuck does he think he is? Trying to get into Sabrina's pants but also not letting you move on and using you to do whatever. Honestly I'm going to kill Nicholas Scratch." Asher ranted and stood up with a furious expression on his always smiley face. I have never seen Asher this mad.