Chapter Nineteen - The Holidays

Lucresia •

     Nick and I were currently decorating my living room with Solstice decorations and some Christmas decor too. Nick was supposed to leave for the Unholy Lands but instead decided to take my invite and celebrate Solstice with my family and I. Our relationship has been growing strong by the minute lately... ever since the hellfire incident. There's no thing that can make us fight, not a thing.

     "See how much I love you? I'm celebrating Christmas for satan's sake." Nick laughed as he hung up some stockings by the fireplace. I rolled my eyes and chuckled lightly whilst putting up a picture of Kennedy and me dressed as reindeers when we were only kids. Cute.

     "Oh hush! You can still leave for the Unholy Lands right now." I teased as he shook his head rapidly.  I laughed at his reaction as he grinned at me.

     "Oh I'm good... I'll tolerate mortal foolishness just for you." He answered while winking at me. I groaned and threw a small ornament his way. He can be so annoying sometimes.

     "My parents hate Christmas as much as you do but they don't want to deprive my sister from being normal you know. Literally the 25th we exchange presents and that is it, we don't talk about it anymore." I explained as Nick nodded slowly.

     "It must be kind of hard being the only mortal amongst a family of pure bred witches. I mean; does she not feel out of place?" Nick asked as I sighed and nodded.

     "Yeah... when we were little she used to not talk a all, she didn't understand. She was different from other kids and she was bullied. And so because of all of that, my parents decided to try and raise her as normally as they could. Hence all of the mortal holidays we celebrate." I told him as he looked around and nodded.

     "That's pretty tough..." Nick trailed off as I smiled and took a framed picture of Kennedy and me. "Yeah but I still love her as if she was my blood." I said as he came over and hugged me from behind. God I love him so much.

      "Hey! Nicholas could you help me light the Yule log?" My father asked peeking his head through the door. Nick agreed happily and went over to the fireplace with my dad. I smiled at them as Nick noticed me staring and winked at me, engaging in conversation with my dad.

     "Lucresia! Come here!" My sister called from the foyer of the house as I frowned and dropped the ornaments I was arranging. As I walked up I saw my sister greeting Harvey and Roz into the house. I pulled a fake smile and went up to greet them.

     "Hey!" Roz exclaimed as I reciprocated and turned to Kennedy who had a happy expression on her face. "They're here to have a Christmas old movie marathon! Will you and Nick join?" My sister asked eagerly. Nick would probably rather burn in heaven than watch movies with mortals.

     "Nick Scratch?" Harvey asked as I frowned. How does he know Nick?

     "Yes... Nick Scratch." Nick spoke from behind us, walking over and standing by my side. Nick smirked at Harvey and draped an arm over my shoulder. "We would love to join." He said as I smiled weirdly at him. he just winked and chuckled. He's trying to annoy Harvey.

     "Great! We'll get the snacks ready. Come on Roz." Kennedy said literally dragging Roz into the kitchen. I smiled awkwardly at Harvey and motioned him into our tv room. He looked around and then eyed me carefully. I looked at Nick who was literally just glaring at Harvey.

     "Why are you looking at me weird?" I blurted out as Nick stifled a laugh and Harvey looked taken back. He sat down on the couch and looked at Nick then at me.