Chapter 10

"Tom?!"

Edd and Matt turned around in their chairs. The color was zapped from their faces, leaving them white in shock.

"Tom! We can explain! J-jUsT StAy CaLM" Matt started hyperventilating and Edd stumbled over his words.

"Why are you guys freaking out?" Tom asked. He then looked over and saw the chocolate heart on the sundae.

"Wait. . ."

Tord, put his hand on Tom's shoulder.

"Hey Tom, could you go see if Paul and Patryck are here yet? They should be outside." 

"Oh, uh, sure." Tom replied, walking out of the parlor.

Tord walked in front of the panicking couple.

"Hi, I'm Tord from yesterday. I think you two are friends with Tom, right?"

"YeS." Edd replied, Matt starting to breathe normally.

"I think I am starting to be friends with Tom too, and I want to know what is going on. Maybe I could help if something goes wrong?" Tord said, thinking he was maybe overestimating the situation and sounding like an idiot.

"U-Uh.. . . Tom has been our friend since 1st grade a-and wE stArtEd DatIng AnD HaVenT TolD HiM We-WerE GaaYYyy" Edd squeaked out, Matt becoming frozen.

Tord nodded. He understood.

"Okay, I can handle this for you." He smiled and walked out the door.

Edd and Matt watched through the parlor's window as they talked.

"Hey Tord, I don't see them-"

"It's fine, they won't be here until later. But I think we should talk Tom."

Tom turned to Tord with a confused face. He was a little surprised by what he saw earlier, but didn't jump to any wild conclusions yet.
Tord was calm, with a small and understanding smile. He looked Tom directly in the eyes as he put his hand on his shoulder. 

"Tom. . . Those two have been your friends for a while, right?"

"Y-Yeah." Tom's response broke himself out of the trance he was in, becoming slightly flustered.

"They're dating now Tom. They love each other."

"What?!-"

Tord placed his second hand on Tom's other shoulder with a firm grip. Tom's head spun in circles, what the hell does that mean?! They're dating?!

"It's all-right to be confused Tom. Things are changing, and so are they. You are used to them being together as friends, but now they are more than that, and it's okay."

Tom's rushing head was slowing with Tord's words.

Tord smiled. "I was confused when Paul and Patryck told me they were dating, too-"

"What the heck, even them?!" 

"Y-Yes, I was also surprised- that's not the point. They still want to be your friend Tom, and your acceptance is very important to them."

"But then why have they kept this from me?" Tom's face crunched together in hurt, did they not trust him?

"Tom, it's because your acceptance of them is so important they kept it from you. . . They were scared you would reject them."

Tom softened. He exhaled.

"Damn it Tord, you make me feel like some kind of idiot."

Tord laughed. "Classic stupid Tom!"

They walked back into the parlor, and to the now shacking couple.

"I'm glad you guys are together, I knew you were gay." Tom said.

Matt and Edd gave a thicc sigh of relief.

Edd turned to Tord and took his hand.

"Will you please marry Tom? You have our approval."

Tord's face turned red as he stuttered. "I- uh- djkfh"

"Hey! Since when is it your job to get me married?!" Tom glowed.

Edd and Matt laughed, but they knew. They knew.

Tord ordered Tom a cookie-dough icecream and himself a rocky-road.
As Tom took a bite, he sighed. "I'm going to pay you back for this."
Tord was confused. "What do you mean?"
"You're too nice to me. You calmed me down and got me icecream." Tom grumbled.
Tord shrugged. "What are friends for?"

Tord felt a little heat to his face, and looked back at his ice cream.

Ding!

"Paul: You guys suck!"

They all looked to the door to see an angry Paul and Patryck outside.

(I know this chapter be hella short but I don't update as often on weekends. . .)