Chapter 21

It's been a week or two since the text, and Tom still can't get over the fact Tord made a friend. Wasn't he, like, the bad-boy rebel kid? It's hard for Tom to imagine, but still. . .

He starred longingly at the picture Tord had sent him three days ago. It was of Jon and Tord in front of a movie theater, about to watch some classic horror movie. Judging by Jon's face, he looked nervous as heck and Tord looked really excited to see it.

"iT CoULd'VeE BEen MeE" Tom cried, Edd sighing.
Tom, Edd, and Matt were all at Edd's again, thinking of new ways to get a lead singer.

Edd grabbed Tom's phone right from his grasp and tossed it to the side.
"Tom, get over yourself. Or do I need to kick you out?"
Tom curled into a ball on the bed, starring into the dark abyss that was his inner feelings.

"What if we made posters for try-outs? Or asked Paul and Patryck if they know people? Post an ad online?" Matt flipped through Edd's sketch book, suddenly spitting ideas rapid fire.

"Matt, go to a new page and write your ideas down, they're good!"

Matt hummed in response, Edd turning back to Tom.
He nudged Tom's head in the opposite direction until he was pushed off the bed.
"OW! WhAt ThE HElL EdD?!"

Edd rolled his eyes before getting an idea.

Tord took out the butter knife, cutting a smooth slab from the rectangular stick of butter, slathering the front face of the grilled-cheese sandwich.
He plopped the lunch on a plate, passing it to his mother.

"Here you go." He smiled, returning to turn off the stove.

"Thank you Tord." She replied softly, tearing off a piece to dip into her tomato soup.  

He set his plate down across from her, comfortably sitting down.

"How have the 4th graders been?"

Andrea sighed, resting her chin her palm.
"I have too many rascals. My hair is going to grow full white one day."
She looked up and smiled. "At least you're an angel, Tord."

Tord shook his head, laughing a little.

They ate their food, thinking about whatever.

Last week Tord went to see a movie with Jon. Jon had originally got the tickets for Eduardo and Mark, since they wanted to see that movie. It was allright, but Jon pretty much hung onto Tord the whole time due to fear.
Tord was really happy with Jon being his friend. They didn't really click like how he did with 'the gang' but it was fine. Tord hasn't had a school friend since 4th grade, and this is his last year in high school

Andrea stood up, walking her plate to the sink.
"I have some papers to grade. I will make you dinner in a few hours. Does that sound good?"

Tord nodded. "Of course."

Tord heard Andrea walk to her room, and felt his phone vibrate.

He pulled it from his pocket, seeing it was from Edd.

(Hello. "this" means someone's speaking on speaker while calling. Cool.)

"Hello?"

"Heeey! Tooord!" Edd said, pressing the 'speaker' button.

"Hey Edd. What's up?"

"EEEEEDD" Tom gasped from the side of the bed.

"Do you have any ideas on how we can get a lead singer? You are on speaker btw."

"Oh yeah, I remember Tom talking about that-" Edd smiled cheekily at Tom. "How about hosting an audition at your school? Hang up posters or whatever."

Matt exhaled. "I suggested that." He said under his breathe.

"Yeah, that's good." Edd leaned over the bed to stare menacingly at Tom. "What do you think Tom?"

Tom looked betrayed.
"Oh, Tom's there? Hey Tom!"
"Hiiiiii Tord" He cried inside.

'Edd you are a DEMON' Tom mouthed. Edd smiled.

"I'm here too, Tord" Matt pouted.

After an hour of talking on the phone, the group disbanded to head home. It was a Sunday, so school was the next day.
Tord fell on his bed sighing. He was tired, but why? Why was he tired? All he did was call someone. The bed sheets felt comfortable, more comfortable than usual.

Maybe he should just. . . take one. . . small. . . . . nap. . .

Jon's foot tapped repeatedly against the sidewalk.
"Jon."
He whipped his head back, his cheeks slightly flushed.

Eduardo and Mark stood behind him, Eduardo sporting a devilish smirk.

"How's it going with Tordzy?"

Jon nodded. "The plan is succeeding better than I thought it'd be!" Jon nervously looked to the side. "B-But are you still okay with the next part Mark?"

Mark smiled, smoothing back Jon's bangs to give him a kiss on the forehead. "Of course."

Eduardo chuckled darkly.
"Tord is going to pay."

Pool Prison (TomTord)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara