Chapter 5

"If good touches you, it distresses them (Kuffar); But if harm strikes you, they (Kuffar) rejoice at it. And if you are patient and fear Allah, their plot will not harm you at all. Indeed, Allah is encompassing of what they do."

[Surah Al Imran verse:120]

***

Have you ever been in that phase of your life where you don't know what to do? You will yourself nervous, you can hear your own heart beat and you can feel yourself getting uncomfortable and all this because of one person? The person who knew you more then yourself. The person knew what hurts you the most yet was the one to do that? The person who once was the reason behind your smile, your happiness, your everything?

Rida couldn't help but gaze in those dark black eyes that once had the capacity to make her blush. Those eyes that held the power to make her loose herself. The eyes that once she would let herself drown.

She turned away from him and pretended concentrating on her phone but she was hardly near it because it was clear that she was affected by him. She could feel her legs shivering in nervousness. She could hear her heart hammering in her chest. She could feel her entire body numb just with his mere presence. She could feel the lump in her throat. She had seen him almost after a very long time. She didn't knew whether she felt satisfied seeing him perfectly alright, with just the way he was or she was feeling uncomfortable because she felt a thing for him which he hardly was aware of!

Rida tried looking at the phone but her vision was blurred and that was clear to her that those were her tears. She could hear his footsteps making way towards her. She knew he was walking inside, because she was almost standing on the doorway to the living area but there was a little hope in her that maybe he would walk to her and ask her about herself? But she knew that was highly impossible.

She took in a deep breath and tried acting cool. She looked back at the message again. A small smile did made it's way back to her face. She did not knew what she thought in that moment, so she did what she felt right in that moment.

She waited for the person to pick up the call. She still hadn't seen him walking inside but she had heard the footsteps fading, maybe had gone to the neighbour's place or somewhere else it did not bother her. The thing that bothered her the most right now was that the person she needed right now was not picking up her call. She had lost hopes and was about to end the call when she heard the voice that she needed to hear at the moment.

"Hello?" She sighed in relief. She slowly turned around to see him missing. She walked out of the house, a little far away so that no one can hear her but she didn't knew what she was to talk to him.

"Hello?" She heard his voice again and she couldn't help the tears that flowed through her eyes. She tried managing to talk but she couldn't. The lump in her throat made it difficult for her to talk.

"Rida are you alright?" Rehan asked from the other end, getting up from the bed while walking in the balcony.

The day had been hectic for him and that was the reason he had almost fallen asleep while driving, but had managed to make it home. The moment he had entered the house, he had first offered the Salah that he had missed the entire day and had directly drifted to sleep, but not before messaging Rida a good night. He hadn't kept his phone on silent because he knew he could get calls from his work place but when he had seen Rida calling him he was actually surprised because never had she ever called him. It was always he, who would call her or he would ask her to call him because of some issue. And now when she wasn't talking after calling him at an unusual time, it was making him scared. He was unable to pin point what was wrong. Had she called him and wasn't speaking or was it by mistake, he couldn't understand.