Chapter 32

Allah hears every cry, He knows how hard you try.

***

Rida played with Rehan’s fingers sitting in between his leg. They were happy for clearing out things before they could get out of hands. Rehan felt guilty for jumping onto conclusions without making an attempt to know the real side of the story. He now understood that things always were not the same as seen. He glanced at Rida with a soft smile on his face who hadn’t spoken a word in a long time. She was engrossed playing with his fingers making her look nothing less than a child. He bent a little kissing her on her head with his heart filled with emotions gaining her attention. She turned to him and smiled a little while he continued gazing at her.

“You should leave; you might have a lot of work.” She said glancing at his watch and as a reply he removed his hand from her hold before wrapping his arm around her waist and bringing her closer taking her by surprise. 

“Just so you know I am the boss of the company and I can go at any point of time in there and can even take holidays without a note and just so you know I am on leave now.” Rehan said pulling her hair out of the clip letting them fall freely on her shoulder. Shaking her head with a small blush on her face she pulled herself away from his hold making him grin at her. Rehan heard the beep of his phone indicating a message but when it continued he pulled out his phone to see his dear sister-in-law had sent him a few pictures.

“Faiza just sent me some pictures, and I have a feeling that they are our wedding pictures.” Rehan said turning the phone to Rida before scrolling up to check the images.

“Yeah she had sent me a few too yesterday but I was busy to go through them.” Rida said taking her phone from the couch before walking towards Rehan. She sat in front of him on her knees busy with her phone when Rehan pulled her through her elbow. She looked up at him with furrowed eyes but a deep scarlet coloured appeared on her face when he made her seat in between his legs once again.

“I enjoy your company.” He stated and keeping her phone aside he brought both his arms in front of Rida as a mean of caging Rida between. She could hear how hastily her heart was beating and she was sure he was well aware of it.

“Look at me I look so handsome.” Rehan commented at one picture making her to eye the phone. It was a picture of his entry while his eyes were on Rida and Rida’s right shoulder was at the camera. Someone had clicked the picture from behind Rida.

‘You are very handsome Rehan.’ She thought in her mind not being able to voice it out. She knew he would make things much more difficult for her if she confessed it.

“You could have at least said a yes.” Rehan mumbled in Rida’s ear making her giggle. She nodded her head as though agreeing with him.

“Look at this.” Rehan swiped the picture to witness Rehan feeding Rida, his right side of the lips curled upstairs while Rida had her head lowered.

“Ah! That moment, it is one of my favourite.” Rehan whispered rewinding the moment once again in his mind while Rida did the same. It was one of the intimate moments they had shared after their marriage. Maybe for everyone else it was just them feeding each other but only the two knew the emotions and the fun they had during that time.

“Your face was worth to see I wish I had clicked your picture.” Rehan said almost sadly shaking his head while Rida rolled her eyes but as soon as Rehan moved to the next picture they both were astonished.

It was a picture from them playing to find the ring. The picture clearly captured Rida’s wide eyes with her mouth parted apart a little while Rehan winking at her without the notice of anyone.