Chapter 11

And do not lose hope in the mercy of Allah indeed none lose hope in the mercy of Allah expect the most ungrateful people.

~The Quran, Chapter 12, verse 87

***

Everyone were sheading tears looking at Aahana who was the charm of the family. Aahana was the girl who loved being the child of the family and everyone did treat her that way. She loved getting pampered by her uncle and aunts and even they loved pampering her. She was the life of her cousins and the best sister to her brother. Her parents couldn't believe that the loud noisy girl that kept them engrossed would no longer be with them.

Aahana was sitting with her husband behind her meeting everyone from her family. Aafia walked towards Aahana and hugged her tight crying out loudly. No one uttered any word but just stood there looking the love between the two cousins. Rida stood at the corner looking at the emotional scene in front of her, her own eyes shedding tears. She knew that girls have to leave the house one day and every girl is prepared for it until the actual day. She couldn't take the sight anymore because she never did like this. With a heavy heart she walked away from there, in an open space where she could stop her tears.

She stood there thinking about her family. Her parent's fights never killed the dream of a happy marriage in Rida's heart, instead it made her crave for it more. She might not like how her parents fought and there were even some days when she wanted to run away from her family but she resisted that. And now when she thought of leaving her family, she shivered.

"Thinking about your time?" Rida turned around to see Safa standing besides her smiling at her with a raised eyebrow. Rida smiled at her and shook her head trying to avoid eye contact with her.

"The day I was getting married, all I wanted was to run away, because I hardly knew who Saif was." Safa whispered and Rida turned to Safa who was smiling bitterly lost in her own thought. "But see how stupid was I to even think of running away from such a beautiful blessing." She said turning towards Rida with a sweet smile making Rida to smile.

"Every girls gets sad thinking of leaving her parent's house, but that sadness vanishes when you have a husband who loves you to the core." Safa said and Rida nodded her head. Looking at Safa, a quick Dua escaped Rida's mouth to keep their family always happy and smiling.

"Don't worry, even your time will come. At least you have known your partner before time." Safa said with a sly smile, making Rida to look at her in confusion. She raised her eyebrow at Safa and she just shrugged at her. Safa turned around to walk inside when Rida's mind clicked. She ran after her and narrowed her eyes at Safa making her giggle.

"Just kidding." Safa said and Rida nodded her head. Since it was the last rituals and there were only family members, everyone had mixed. The niqaabi's had their niqaab's on. Safa walked towards Saif and stood besides him. He turned to her and gave her a smile which Safa reciprocated. Rida looked at the couple in awe. They might have gone through the worst but they are together, and that was all that mattered.

Just as she was turning towards the bride, who was about leave since the rituals and the meetup was over, her gaze fell on Rehan. She stood there thinking about him. Even though people thought they would end up together, she knew it was impossible.

He was far away from the expectation she had from her would be husband. She knew he was successful and Masha Allah an amazing person at heart too, but she still found it impossible to even think of starting a family with him. He was not the person to feel deep thoughts of every small thing and she was that. She felt a thousand of emotions at one. He might feel there is no reason to cry, but just for that thing Rida will feel her heart breaking, tears flowing from her eyes. She wanted someone who could understand that side of her. The side which was deep with emotions. The side which was hidden to everyone.