Chapter 24

"Treat women nicely, for a women is created from a rib, and the most curved portion of the rib is its upper portion, so, if you should try to straighten it, it will break, but if you leave it as it is, it will remain crooked. So treat women nicely.”

[Saheeh Al-Bukhari]

***

Rida had her entire bedroom messed up. The event was today and she had nothing to wear. She wouldn’t have been concerned about her look if Rehan wouldn’t have come. Even though she knew it was impossible to look beautiful she wanted to look presentable for him. She sat there wondering where her black dress was which looked almost like a gown.

She looked at the dresses, sulking. She turned her head to her right when she heard a gasp. Faiza had just returned from college to ask for her sister some help to come across something horrible. Her entire room was messed up with clothes and there was hardly place left to walk.

“Are you putting them for sale?” Faiza asked and pulled out one of Rida’s dress that she liked. She slowly without Rida’s acknowledgment kept the dress aside to take it with her. 

“Don’t irritate me Faiza.” Rida said and pulled out every dress that she thought would be good but nothing worked. Faiza started moving the dresses to one corner of the room making way for her to walk.

“What do you want?” Rida asked knowing her sister well. She wouldn’t be in her room without any reason at this time of the day.

Faiza grinned at her sister who knew her so well. She told her that they had a presentation to do and she did not have any idea about the topic.

“I will help you but let me find a good dress for myself.” Rida said and Faiza nodded her head and started helping her, showing her every dress to her sister but just to be denied even before sparing a glance on it.

“Why don’t you go shopping?” Faiza asked and Rida gave her one look that gave her answer. Faiza glared at her sister and nodded her head before moving around the room searching for something. Her eyes sparkled when her eyes fell on a black dress. It was a kurta that was frilled up in the front curling backward while it had a long tail.

“Appi how about this one?” Faiza asked holding it in front of herself but Rida replied a no her eyes searching around the room.

“At least spare a glance.” Faiza said hearing her answer because she knew her sister had not even had a look of the dress.

Rida looked at the dress and squealed. She had been searching this kurta from such a long time just to mess up the room.

“I have been searching for this from so long. Thank you so much Faiza.” Rida said taking her sister in a bone crashing hug. Faiza giggled and hugged her sister back.

“Now get me your laptop, I will help you but first let me clean this mess.” Rida said and Faiza nodded her head walking out of the room jumping, but not forgetting to take the dress with her.

Rida started cleaning the mess. She got the kurta and kept it on the nearby chair with a pair of black jean and a black scarf. Faiza entered munching on an apple and her left hand carrying her laptop.

She sat down and pushed the clothes to her sister to keep them properly. After 20 minutes Rida was done. She turned to see that Faiza was working on her laptop. She went and took a seat next to her and started asking her what help she needed. Just as Faiza started explaining everything, Rida heard her phone vibrate. She excused herself and took her phone to be surprised.