Chapter 30

"Indeed do not lose hope in the mercy of Allāh. Indeed none lose hope in the mercy of Allāh except the most ungrateful people." Qur'ān-12:87

***

Rida turned around to only feel a weight on her. She opened her eyes to find a hand around her waist making her startled but suddenly realisation dawned upon her. They were now officially married in the eyes of the world. She was now at her husband’s place and in his arm. She looked at the bed to realise that she was on his side but she frowned not understanding how she ended up in their bed while she remembered waiting for Rehan. She felt embarrassed thinking she fell asleep waiting for him and that he had to carry her to the bed. She tried getting away from him but his hold on her got more firm making her sigh. Slowly with lots of effort she turned in his arms, coming face to face with him.

Taking this as an advantage she started looking at his face that was hardly an inch away from her. She could see the dark circles under his eyes that were hardly visible clearly depicting how he had reached to such great height of success. Her eyes fell on his dark stubble on his cheeks making her feel desired to run her fingers over it. She slowly raised her hand in the air wanting to touch his stubble. She smiled when her hand came in contact with his cheeks. His stubble was poking her making her to suppress the giggle that was ready to escape. She felt a movement in him and her hand automatically went on his shoulder, her eyes closed.

When she did not hear anything from him she opened her eyes to gasp at the black eyes that were staring at her. She was sure that the entire blood from her body was now visible on her cheeks.

“G-good mor-morning.” She stuttered closing her eyes in embarrassment. She felt his hand slipping away from her waist making her open her eyes.

“Good morning. I am sorry I don’t know how I... I am sorry.” He said trying to make her feel comfortable looking at her flushed face.

“Actually I am sorry; I am the one who came to your side of the bed.” She whispered and got up putting the lock of her hair behind her ear a permanent blush covering her face.

“It’s okay; you don’t have to feel uncomfortable. I’ll take the sofa from now on.” He said smiling at her and she wanted to oppose it but stayed quite.

How would she be able to tell him that she loved being in his arm?

“Get freshen up, we have a long day today.” He said and Rida looked up at him with her face etched with confusion.

“Are you not going to office?” Rida asked standing up from the bed watching him go into the walk in closet.

“No my dear wifey we are going out.” He said peeking at her with a huge smile on his face revealing his dimple making her heart beat faster.

“Out? Why?” Rida asked avoiding the numerous butterflies in her stomach on him calling her his wife.

“You don’t want us to go out?” He asked his lips in a thin line. She looked at him with wide eyes shaking her head.

“NO I would love to… I mean you might have work in office and you don’t have to…. if you are simply doing it for...” She stopped midway realising her blabbering. She closed her eyes shut waiting to hear him laugh on her act but when she opened her eyes, she gasped looking at him so close to her.

“I am doing this for us and work can be handled with this.” He wrapped his arm around her waist bringing her closer to him showing her his phone and she nodded her head her senses blocked due to their closeness.

“…and I love spending time with my wife.” He said and slightly brushed his lips on her cheek making her eyes go wide. He moved away from her his eyes intensely gazing at her who was now in the shade of red. He smirked looking at his effect on her opening his mouth to tease her when she hurriedly went near their bed, making the sheets proper avoiding him.