Chapter 33

Ask the impossible in your prayers for Allāh subhanahu wa ta'ala has the power over everything.

Rehan drove peacefully, his eyes darting to Rida who was soundlessly sleeping making Rehan to smile at her. He couldn't help but grin widely thinking about the surprise he had planned for the next day hoping she would like it. With being excited he was nervous too thinking about how she would react to his confession. He was lost in his thoughts when the ringing of the phone startled him but he was quick enough to pick it up, not wanting to disturb his wife.

"Hey man." Rehan whispered but he knitted his eyebrows hearing the commotion in the background.

"Rehan- Safa- Rida..." Saif spoke in fragments and Rehan hurriedly applied the break startling Rida, who was about to hit her head but Rehan kept his hand securely in front of her keeping her safe.

"Saif what happened? Tell me clearly I am unable to understand you." Rehan said his heart beating rapidly hearing Saif's panic stricken voice while Rida looked at Rehan in confusion.

"I don't know, Safa- she is crying Rehan I..." Saif mumbled in the phone looking at Safa who was holding her belly crying in agony.

"Okay calm down Saif, is Faiz with you?" Rehan asked and Saif nodded his head absentmindedly and Faiz was sure he had heard his name so he pulled the phone from Saif who looked ready to cry.

"Bhai, we were almost near my place when suddenly Safa appi yelled. She is crying loudly and we don't know what to do. Ask Rida appi please." Faiz said in one breathe his own voice shaky for being in such a situation. Without saying any other word Rehan almost pushed the phone in Rida's face while she hurriedly took it in her hand seeing the fear on his face.

"Hello?" Rida called and Faiz explained to her everything and with each word Rida felt her heart beat increasing.

"Faiz instruct Saif to take her to the hospital right now." Rida said and Rehan did not wait for any other word before starting the engine, "We are on our way too." Rida said when she noticed Rehan taking a turn abruptly and she had to hold the deck to keep her firm on her place. She ended the call her inside panicking but she could see how Rehan was shivering badly.

"Rehan calm down." She whispered keeping a hand on his shoulder and he turned to her, his eyes almost moist and it pained Rida very much. Applying the break he engulfed Rida in a tight hug while she rubbed his back soothing him.

"Rida I am scared, bha-bhabhi..." Rehan whispered from above her shoulder and Rida shut her eyes tightly gulping the lump.

"Nothing will happen to her Insha Allah, have trust in Allah." She said pulling away caressing his cheek and he caught hold of her hand.

"I am scared for Saif, Rida. He finally has overcome his past and is living his life normally what if.." Rehan trailed going into deep thoughts making Rida's heart to soften.

"Shush my Safa is not weak she will come out through this Insha Allah." Rida said and Rehan looked at her who was giving him a smile and he nodded his head. Taking a deep breath he started driving and within no time they were making their way into the parking of the hospital, Safa was consulting into.

Rida got down while Rehan went to park the car, a fear settling inside her. She hated hospitals to her core and when she had to visit it for her loved ones it freaked her out even more. She tried reassuring herself but she was already shivering due to the enormous thinking. She jumped a little when she felt a hand on her shoulder but heaved a sigh noticing Rehan.

"You are shivering." He stated looking at her and she avoided looking into his eyes. How could she tell him that she herself was scared for Safa when she was the one who had assured him nothing would go wrong?