Prologue

I don't own Naruto. Mr Kishimoto Does.

Author's note: Hey there Readers! Welcome to a new idea that has been circulating around my mind for a long time, I'm glad that I was able to expressed it into a story. I Hope you guys enjoy! I would also like to thank you guys for the Reviews. Favorites, and follows!

Plot Summary:  Years after the war that had ravaged and caused deaths around the world , Boruto and Himawari are in a situation were they have finally moved on from a tragic past. Having peacefully settled near a town, built by the survivors of the war, they would soon find themselves in the midst of a mysterious phenomenon that would turned their world upside down once more as the souls from the past returned to haunt them once more.

I would also like to credit fellow author: BleedingTrash" for sharing his ideas to the story.

Also, feel free to share some of your ideas for future chapters.

Beta Edited by : The Ethereal Lord

Thank you for Understanding :)

~Prologue~

The Age of Shinobi was over.

If asked, Boruto would have smiled condescendingly at whoever uttered such a statement yet here he was, experiencing the end of an Age.

Dark clouds slowly roiled about the sky, seemingly pausing to mourn the boy's loss.

The land around him barely resembled the thriving Village it had once been; such was the level of destruction his battle with Kawaki had wrought.

He had won.

After what felt like an eternity of battle, he had finally emerged the victor.

The victory tasted like ash in his mouth.

"Why did it have to be you?" He whispered bitterly as his aching limbs gave out on him and he collapsed onto the ruined wreck of the once majestic monument that had been the Hokage Monument. His eyes were once again pulled to the devastated Village beneath him: the land resembled the pock-marked skin of a leper with entire blocks cratered and lava pouring out of others like weeping sores.

It was the Cycle of Reincarnation his father had once told him of: just like his dad and Sasuke, The First Hokage and Uchiha Madara and countless others, he had been drawn into the same inexorable path.

"At least it's finally over." He muttered brokenly, seeking a positive to all this but failing woefully. He never once suspected that the man that he had considered a brother would be the same that would destroy the lives of so many, including his loved ones.

A part of him railed against the injustice of it all, pleading for this to have been one of the nightmares he had suffered after the Otsusuki had kidnapped his father all those years ago. He would have given it was not a dream, but a reality that he had to face. It was a hard and sad truth, He could feel his arms and legs visibly shaking as the emotions that he kept inside had been freed and slowly overwhelming him. "It's over." He muttered again, embracing himself as a gentle breeze blew past, carrying a few leaves across his vision and, for the first time since the battle had ended, a sense ofpeace washed over him even as the dam burst.

All the hardships that he had faced;every challenge, every losses and every gain… As the wind grew stronger, the dark clouds slowly faded away, and a ray of sunlight found its way to the blond, who finally let all of his emotions out.

The passage of time was barely observed by Boruto who simply stared at the ruined village beforehim. It was a heart wrenching sight;houses and buildings razed to the ground, practically every structureshad been destroyed, from regular houses to buildings like the ANBU headquarters; even the famous Ichiraku Ramen Shop that survived multiple invasions had been brought down by the fighting. The Shinobi Academy; The Hokage Tower; his home… all he had left were memories…