Arc 1: New Life Part 3

Author's note: Hey there Readers! Welcome to a new chapter of "Years Without" and I Hope you guys enjoy! I would also like to thank you guys for the Reviews. Favorites, and follows!

Plot Summary for Chapter 3: In this chapter, introduces us to the first of the Returned, Nawaki Senju, A boy Shinobi from a forgotten war, who finds himself in the middle of nowhere, eager to go home and reunite with his big sister. Meanwhile, life continues on the Town of Kibo.

I would also like to credit fellow author: BleedingTrash, Banix, and Ghelourd" for sharing their ideas to the story.

Also, feel free to share some of your ideas for future chapters.

Expect some grammar and spelling mistakes along the way.

Thank you for Understanding :)

Chapter 3: A New Life Part 3

Location: Rice fields

It had been a very unexpected awakening for a certain Nawaki Senju, The boy considered himself as a true Shinobi even though, he was still in the ranks of a Genin. But he still participated in the front lines of the Second Shinobi War for his home village of Konoha and also for the honor of his clan.

He was assigned on a Jounin Division in charged of protecting the civilians in a secret network of underground tunnels.

He continued to remain with the division for quite awhile until he was finally called back by the higher officials of the village, since it was dangerous for a twelve year old boy to be fighting in war. How he was very much excited to go home and tell the experiences that he had as a participant of the war to his family and his friends. Celebrating also his birthday the day before his departure.

Although, at the same day when he was about to depart towards home, the base camp where they currently resided in was suddenly attacked by enemy forces, the Shinobi of the Konoha attempted to fight back and defend the civilians caught in the crossfire, and the boy was one of the Shinobi that fought enemy forces.

However, in the ensuing chaos, the boy found himself in a risky position as when the rest of the civilians were being taken to safer grounds, the boy noticed a little girl, who almost headed into death's door when she almost was almost hit by an enemy projectile. The boy then came into the rescue, defending the girl from more enemies and taking her into the safe zone. But as he took one more charged at the enemy, he found himself unknowingly stepping into something metallic on the ground, which was a landmine thus finding himself caught in an explosion.

Those were the last things that Nawaki remembered before going unconscious and finding himself waking up on a rice field and in the middle of nowhere.