Chapter 4 (SHORT)

.-=Sophie's POV=-.

                                                                        .:FLASHBACK:.   

I saw a flash of silver headed straight for Fitz. I raced toward him, but I wasn't sure if I would make it to him. 'Screw the staff'  I thought as I dropped it and dove in front of the knife, and it hit my arm instead of Fitz's back. I gasped as I pulled the knife out from my arm. The wound stung, so it occurred to me that this hadn't been thrown by a living person . . . but who could've . . .  my thoughts were discarded. I needed to leave. I gave my friends one sad look, before the world before me shimmered into that of the training grounds.

                                                                          .:END FLASHBACK:> (A/N) Yes that was a really short flashback.

I sighed. It had been a few weeks since the attack and all I felt was.... Empty. Yes, there was incredible training here, but it wasn't home. It didn't have Edaline, or Grady, or Fitz. I missed them so much. When I asked Jolie if she missed anyone and she got really quiet before whispering, "Mom and Dad."

I wanted to go back. I may forget all of this training, but I would be with everyone I loved. I didn't want to be here anymore. I just want to go home. Maybe I could find a way to bring Jolie back to. I made a promise to myself to find a way to come back. No matter what.

.-=Fitz's POV=-.

I groaned and rolled out of bed, the sun shining. I didn't want to move. Didn't want to face the harsh reality that Sophie was dead and that I must've been fooling myself a few weeks ago. My eyes darted to the rose I always kept nearby. It was the rose I had given Sophie that horrible day. The rose that . . . fell out of her hand as she died in my arms. I laid still and didn't move. I didn't want to. Part of me said I should go help plan, but the other side said she's gone. You can't change that. So there is no point in trying to plan when Sophie isn't here.

And for some reason, that side always won.

Where is Sophie when I need her...

(A/N) I KNOW!!! That was really short and I'm sorry! Just a heads up, I will be changing the name to 'Gone but not Forgotten'! So you will no longer find this story under the name 'After Death'