Chapter 5

.-=Fitz's POV=-.

Why could Sophie not have taken that bullet for me. Or at least lived through it. I still felt as if her blood was stinging on my arms. What happened a few weeks ago must have been an illusion of some sort because there was no way Sophie was back. As heartbreaking as it is.

I met with the others, and we tried to come up with a plan. It was unhelpful. We didn't know the Neverseen's plans, so we didn't know what to expect. Like always. It was always, "SURPRISE!! You're getting attacked!" With the result of panicking.

"Maybe we could....." Biana started. "I can't even finish my own sentence," She grumbled. This was becoming a common occurrence in this conversation.

"We need ideas! Actual ideas and not fantasies." I muttered both exhausted and miserable. Turn ourselves over to the Neverseen? Never works. Never. What happened to the life where everything was simple and easy?

I was getting more and more frustrated every time I looked at a rose. We needed a plan! Not some... random piece of junk. Grady and Edaline have been miserable and you can't blame them. Which was why they were here. They didn't want Sophie's death to go to waste.

WHY WAS THIS SO FRUSTRATING

Anyone who knew about our struggle to plan always said, "Why don't you ask Sophie? She has all the answers every time." I want to strangle anyone who says that.

"Let's talk in the morning, with clear heads," Edaline suggested. Everyone nodded. I went back to my room and changed into my pajamas and climbed into bed. Ella was in my arms. Grady and Edaline had let him keep her. It was like clinging onto Sophie.

.-=Sophie's POV=-.

I worked non-stop. Trying to find a way back home was difficult. Nothing was working and I was growing desperate. I even went back to the spot I died and focused on trying to live. It looked very weird. I was exasperated at everything right now.

Why can't the solution be right in front of me?

My next attempt: Teleporting back to life.

What can I say? I was d-e-s-p-e-r-a-t-e

I levitated high enough and let myself fall. After falling into the void, I just sat there.

"Now what, genius?" I muttered to myself. I was just floating there. Maybe picture a bright light?

I tried it and.... nothing.

WHY WAS THIS SO FRUSTRATING

(A/N: Sophie happened to think this at the same time as Fitz 😉)

I blinked in surprise as an idea sprouted in my head.

I am officially an idiot.

I never even tried just teleporting. Imagining Havenfield in my mind, I teleported out of the void.

I glanced at my hair. I assumed that the black tips of my hair would vanish if it worked. The tips of my hair were still black. I was caught up in my disappointment that it took me a moment to notice something.

The black part was shrinking.

What did this mean? Am I becoming slightly more alive? If I teleported enough times, would I fully come back to life?

Hope bloomed in my heart as I thought about the possibility.

Sophie Foster was slowly, but surely, coming back to life.

A/N: Here is Chapter 5! I feel really bad because All of these chapters were really short. Especially Chapter 4. Sorry about that!