LEGACY!!!!!

PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE THIS A/N. Hello All! I appreciate IMMENSELY how patient you guys have been with my story and..... I decided to make up the long wait with............. (wait for it)...... A LEGACY PREVIEW!!!!!! There is a little bit of a story behind this preview that I have, but it's not to exciting. It pretty much goes like this: I received my copy of Flashback a few weeks ago. I flipped to the back, because it has an extra scene from Keefe's POV (Lemme know if you want me to post that), but it still had quite a few pages left after I finished it. So, I flipped the page and there it was!!! Anyways, I'm sure most of you skipped that long story cause your as desperate as I am for anything on Legacy. Read on! (I mean, unless you are a future reader and already have Legacy then.... Why are you here?!)

PLEASE NOTE: NONE OF THE FOLLOWING BELONGS TO ME. THIS IS ALL CREDIT TO SHANNON MESSENGER.

Before Sophie could change her mind, she plopped down on her enormous canopy bed and stared at the crystal stars dangling from the ceiling, watching them sparkle in the bright afternoon sunlight as she gathered her mental strength. The warm energy churned inside her mind, humming as it grew stronger and stronger and stronger. And when she could feel it buzzing against the backs of her eyes, she shoved it out of her head, along with the loudest call she could muster.

TAM-CAN YOU HEAR ME? IT'S SOPHIE!

She repeated the words over and over, imagining the force like thick syrup pouring across the sky in every direction-covering the world. And as her consciousness spread, she closed her eyes and tried to feel for . . .

Actually, she wasn't sure.

She hadn't communicated telepathically with Tam very often, so she didn't know how to recognize his thoughts the she could with Fitz and Keefe.

TAM! PLEASE, I NEED TO TALK TO YOU!

A headache prickled the edge of her consciousness, but she gave herself several long, slow breaths and timed her next transmissions with each exhale, keepeing the message shorter to save her energy.

Tam.

Tam!

TAM!

Still nothing-and she could feel her concentration draining to the dregs.

If Fitz were there, he could've given her a mental boost, the way he always did when they worked together. But she'd let her silly matchmaking worries keep him away. She had to stop that-had to figure out how to keep thing balanced and-

Sophie?

The voice was a ghost in the shadows-cold and whispery.

TAM!

Yeah. But I shouldn't be talking to you like this. It's way too dangerous.

I know, but-

There's no "but" Tam interrupted, and the feel of his thoughts shifted with the words like the darkness was crystalizing into ice. Gethen checks my memories constantly.

Sophie's hear screeched to a stop.

She'd forgotten that the Neverseen's only Telepath had been in the Black Swan's custody when Keefe had been living with the enemy. So they hadn't had to worry about anyone discovering their conversations unless someone caught them in the act and somehow figured out what was happening.

They also hadn't had to worry about Keefe unwittingly revealing anything he wasn't supposed to.

Has Gethen probed your mind? she asked, trying to keep the transmission as quiet as possible.