Where is he..?

•Kaito's POV•
Soon after Shuichi had left to his room to rest, I noticed something was a bit off.

It wasn't him but it felt as if something was missing.. Or perhaps someone..

I decided to ignore it until I finally knew there was someone gone and went off to find the others about Shuichi's absence.

When I got there, everyone was eating breakfast in the dining hall yet there were 3 chairs missing.

Obviously it would have been me and Shuichi but the 3rd? Who sits there?

When I went off to my chair and sat next to Maki, before I did that I told everyone about how Saihara was going to rest for a bit and they all seemed fine with that.

After I ate a bit of food, Maki whispered something to me.

"Where is he..?" She asked curiously as if he was such a mystery.

"Oh! I just said, Shuichi's in his room—"

"No. I'm talking about Kokichi.." She spoke, her face becoming cold just by the thought of him.

That's it!

That's what's missing!

"Umm.. I don't really know.." I thought out loud, "though be better not be planning anything bad.." I said.

Maki just nodded but I could tell that she was a bit suspicious about Kokichi being gone. It was obvious that she didn't trust Kokichi but somehow she was a bit concerned.

'Maybe he's just in his room..' I thought, unaware of Ouma's kidnapping..

And that Shuichi was in it as well..

When Kirumi came out with a plate of food she asked the very same thing Maki had asked me.

"Where's Kokichi?" She wondered out load and a few people looked at her.

"Oh, I was thinking the same.." Someone had spoke.

"I'll look for him." Kirumi offered while no one bothered to object.

'Why does it feel like there's something very off about this situation..?'

Kirumi's POV•
When I reached Kokichi's dorm room, I knocked and asked, "Kokichi! Are you in there? I made breakfast if you want it."

The response I got was just silence.

Perhaps he's busy?

"Alright, I'll put your food away. If you get hungry you can go to the kitchen later." I said thinking he was listening.

When I reached back I noticed everyone was staring at me all looking curious and I said, "He seems busy." Then I went to put the food away while everyone else sat doing what they usually do.

God, how wrong I was..