Chapter Eighteen

That incredible night was three weeks ago now.

Three long weeks, I have had to reflect on that incredible night.

What with Orla and Kendra, it did get a little dodgy at times, but how that night ultimately ended, is all that has kept me from not missing Mitch too much. Yeah yeah, I know...I have just said the M word, haven't I?

I have honestly never known what it was like to miss someone, but now, I am becoming more and more familiar with it. It's an ache. An heavy and unwavering ache. Mitch and I haven't physically been together for all of those three weeks, so that ache is beginning to feel a whole lot achier just lately.

Is it too soon to feel such an ache?

I couldn't care less even if it is.

It's my ache.

My missing of Mitch.

I'm not actually thinking about whether it's right or wrong to feel it—I just know that I am.

After that incredible night together, something has changed—me, Mitch, us, home, work, the universe—it all feels different.

A rather lovely different.

A sometimes scary different.

Lovely, just because it absolutely is lovely.

Scary, because it really is.

This wasn't supposed to happen. I wasn't supposed to start deeply caring for Mitch. Mr Mega Famous himself, has indeed done that. I'm caring about him. I'm missing him. All new feelings that he's left me to grapple with alone. Okay, that's not entirely true. We probably have some form of communication with one another, at least twice a day, but I miss the physicality of us...I miss the realness of his touch.

Things have progressed fast between us, I know, but comfortably fast. Without dropping the L word bomb, I do feel like we should be together. With Mitch, I feel I'm with who I should be with right now. From Mitch himself, I am picking up that he feels like he now has a sense of belonging with me. And that's something that I truly can relate to. I have never wanted or needed, to belong. I am young. Driven. My career has always been my one and only priority. The need to belong has not exactly been at the top of my life list. But something has already changed, and I'm sure there are more changes yet to come. All those times that Mitch made love to me on that incredible night—from the slow and sensuous to the playful and deep—I knew that my priorities were about to excitingly change.

I knew then, that we were no longer just a wonderful fling.

Now, I think we are somewhere between the beginnings of a relationship and long-lasting commitment.

Crazy, right?

Exciting crazy?

Whatever is happening and wherever we are on the relationship spectrum, I just can't wait to see Mitch again. What with my missing of him and Hetty's due date fast approaching, I seem to be in a constant emotional state of high alert.

What do you do when you are missing your very famous boyfriend so much and your best friend is becoming an hybrid hippo (most certainly her words, not mine)....seriously, what do I do?

"Right love, first we find all of the bits that have straight edges...they're the outer parts of the picture. Then, we put all of the sky coloured pieces to one side, and the ground looking pieces to the other...then we are ready to try and join some pieces together." Mum jovially tells me.