2. Family Loyalty

Ivy's POV

I haven't been in Riverdale for even a week and there was already a crazy serial killer running around the streets and shooting random teenagers. 

Jughead told me about his friends getting shot after the Pop's event this morning. He was all eager and stormed into my room even though I was peacefully sleeping. 

After he got me out of the bed I got ready, that's why we were sitting in his old school for some reason but I didn't care. I never wanted to get to school anyways. 

"It was full-on Carrie. Midge covered in Moose's blood screaming like a banshee. It was insane", Kevin Keller explained to us. 

"Kev, what were you even doing there?", Archie asked coming into the little student lounge. "I was just night-jogging, you know, as one does, and suddenly, I hear gunshots", Kevin said. 

"Can we agree there's a killer on the loose?", Archie asked, being dramatic as always. "With terrible aim", my cousin whispered making me laugh. 

"Jughead, he murdered Miss Grundy", the redhead said, whoever the hell that was. 

"We don't know these three crimes are related", Betty said. "Guys, can we focus on what matters here? Midge and Moose are alive, Archie's dad survived. The Matchlerette starts tonight. You're all coming over to watch", Veronica said and I knew not in one hundred years am I gonna watch that show. 

"There's a shooter terrorizing the town and you really want us to watch a gross dating show?", Jughead asked speaking what I was thinking out loud. 

"What I want is for you guys to meet my dad officially. Back in New York, my dad was always in his study, doing bad things, as it turns out. I'm tired of closed doors. I need to know my dad's life and he needs to know mine", Veronica explained. 

"Well, we'll be there, V. Can't wait", Jug's girlfriend smiled. "Thank you".

"Hey Andrews, we're going to the hospital to see Moose. You coming?", the guy I remembered as Reggie asked coming into the student lounge. 

"Yeah, for sure. I'll see you tonight, Ronnie", Archie said and headed out. Before Reggie went out he smiled at me and I had to fight the urge to gag.

"We better go. We were supposed to meet the peer mentor at Southside High an hour ago", Jughead mumbled. "Well you wanted to come here", I said under my breath. 

"Wait, are you sure you can't just keep going here?", Betty asked. Jug was in foster care program and the foster parents live on the southside. Jug can stay at his house but has to go to Southside High, that was the deal.

"I'll be fine", Jug said and the two kissed. "Get a room", I mumbled passing the two lovebirds. 

*

We arrived at Southside High and had to pass a metal detector. Of course, when Jughead walked through it went off. 

"It's the pins on your head", I told him. "Take it off, go again", the man ordered. Jughead did and passed. I did too and it peeped, I rolled my eyes and took out my little knife and gave it to the officer, "Sorry".

"Forsythe Pendelton Jones the third and Ivory Jones", a girl I recognized from the diner smiled at took a picture of us. 

"Uh, it's Ivy and Jughead, actually", Jughead stuttered. "I'm Toni Topaz, I was supposed to give you the full animatronic tour but some robots went insane and started killing the guests, so we'll just wing it", the pretty purple-haired girl smiled. 

"Classrooms don't have wifi, bathroom stalls don't have doors", she explained. "What about the Red and Black?", Jug asked being the journalist he is.