20. Everything will be fine, I promise

Ivy's POV

On Monday Kevin tried to talk me into joining his musical, Carrie. I hated being on stage in my old school I took part in a play once and I hated it, it ended with me punching a girl straight in the face. 

"Come on, Ivy. You fit the role perfectly, it will be just you being you", Kevin pleaded. "Kevin, I can't even sing nor am I trying to steal the role off of someone", I explained while shoving some books in my locker. 

"I saved this role no one will play it as you would. Please", Kevin smiled. "God, okay fine. I will come", I sighed. 

"Finally", Kevin smirked and pushed the script in my hands before walking off. 

"What was that about?", Reggie asked while leaning against the locker next to me. After that little kiss at Pop's, we went to his house and well, we decided to keep it to our selves a little longer. 

"Kevin just talked me into a role for his musical", I explained holding up the script. "Oh so you are gonna be an actress and I get to watch?", he smirked. 

"You can stop smirking like that already, I hope you won't come", I laughed. "I'm sure as hell gonna come".

"Whatever, I gotta go bye", I smiled and pecked his cheek before heading to rehearsals. 

The entire cast sat in a chair circle. I sat next to Cheryl and Veronica, pretty sure I was the only one that got the script just one hour ago. 

"Welcome to Carrie: The Musical", Kevin smiled proudly. Then a chair started squeaking and Fangs came into the circle making Toni and me laugh. 

"Hey Fangs", I laughed. 

"Okay, next. Introductions", Kevin explained and looked to his right where Archie was sitting. 

"I'm, uh, Archie. I'm playing Tommy Ross, the boy next door", Archie said. "I'm Betty. I play Sue Snell, the good girl", Betty explained. 

"Veronica Lodge, playing mean girl Chris Hargensen", Veronica smiled, after helping Cheryl I decided she wasn't that bad of a person and let my hatred for her fall. 

"I'm Ivy, I play Lou Watson the new girl", I explained, if you think about it the roles fitted perfectly to each of our personal characters. 

"I'm Cheryl Blossom, playing the iconic role of Carrie White", Cheryl smiled as she stood up. "Tone deaf", Ethel coughed making me glare at her, she lowered her glance immediately.

"Who's playing your mom, Margaret White?", Veronica asked and on cue, Alice Cooper walked in. 

"I am". "Wait, seriously?", Ethel asked. 

"Settle down, it's untraditional but nothing's more amateur than age-inappropriate casting", Kevin smiled. 

"Can you hold this?", Alice asked Ethel while shoving her purse in her hands and turning back to us, "I'm looking forward to getting to know this woman, get under her skin. And spend some time with my daughter Elizabeth".

To be honest, she was an icon, don't even fight me on that one. 

"Sorry, I thought rehearsal was in the Music Room", a guy I had never seen said, yet I knew who he was. He was Chuck Clayton, a guy that got suspended from school after messing with some girls.

"No problem, all are welcome here", Kevin smiled and I could feel how the atmosphere changed. 

*

After lunch break we had another practice where we talked the script through, I was already getting bored and wanted to go home to my friends that were Serpents and drink some good drinks.